What did you cook today (November 2016)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sausage, eggs, beanz and chips with a touch of Chop sauce.

nov sausage beans egg chips s.jpg

nov sausage beans egg chips bleed s.jpg

@Yorky is very good at chips

Actually I cannot take credit for those (other than cutting the potatoes); my wife cooked them.

Two days ago she emptied the deep fry and cleaned it therefore it cannot be used for a certain length of time (don't ask me why or how long) so she shallow cooked them in the ex-Teflon wok.

They tasted OK.

Today was pork chops baked with cranberry sauce and crushed pineapple.

I'm slow roasting a Boston Butt in my oven as I type. Rubbed it down with a mix of paprika, garlic powder, brown sugar, dry mustard. Should be finished in about three hours. Then making a sauce with a little bit of pan drippings, apple cider vinegar, two kinds of prepared mustard (yellow and stone ground), a couple of crushed garlic cloves, and a dash of cayenne. Leaving as much salt out as I can on account of the hubber's mild hypertension. Serving micro-baked sweet potatoes and some micro-steamed veggies with it. Should be enough meat for two dinners, which is how I usually do hard-core cooking around here. If I am going to all that trouble, might as well make it last. #wespeakleftovershere

Yesterday I made up one of my rice salads. This time it only had the 1 type of rice in it. A medium grained, brown rice. Added to that were a handful of spring onions (Australian sized ones!), 1 onion chopped finely, 1 red and 1 green pepper - also Australian size versions, 2 pomegranates, a couple of handfuls of sunflower seeds and 2 tins of chickpeas. It was topped off with a lime, maple syrup and oil vinaigrette dressing made with IKEA senap rather than my usual Coleman's mustard powder. We had a bottle that was nearly empty and it is easier to fill the container with lime juice (4 limes) and shake it all out, than it is to try to get the remains out of the container. Wonderful... I'll try to get a picture of it tomorrow because it looks fantastic.

Today I made up a pie. One that I had seen a new member @Cookie enter in to the current competition for chicken/turkey. Only I made it up with tofu and veg stock instead. It needs some work tbh, but looks great. I'll post up the pictures tomorrow as well.!

I'm slow roasting a Boston Butt in my oven as I type. Rubbed it down with a mix of paprika, garlic powder, brown sugar, dry mustard. Should be finished in about three hours. Then making a sauce with a little bit of pan drippings, apple cider vinegar, two kinds of prepared mustard (yellow and stone ground), a couple of crushed garlic cloves, and a dash of cayenne. Leaving as much salt out as I can on account of the hubber's mild hypertension. Serving micro-baked sweet potatoes and some micro-steamed veggies with it. Should be enough meat for two dinners, which is how I usually do hard-core cooking around here. If I am going to all that trouble, might as well make it last. #wespeakleftovershere
I will need to look up Boston Butt. I'm guessing it may be pork...

Tonight is the pork chops I made Monday. I will make macaroni and cheese as a side dish.

I cannot locate the December thread.

However, today I was reluctant to prepare an evening meal (being a little lazy) and I knew we were going to a local bar who has an exceptionally good cook. I thought "what the hell" and ordered "Pad pig gaeng gai" which was translated as being "Stir fried bamboo shoots with chicken". Unfortunately I didn't pick up that the word "pig" had been incorrectly translated from the Thai word "prik" (chilli).

I've lived in Asia for many years but this dish was seriously "HOT".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom