What did you cook today (November 2016)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recipe posted. I really couldn't think where to put it, so it went into the rice etc. section. Feel free to move it as appropriate!
Thanks - I added the 'Recipe' Prefix. To see how to do this look here: Using the prefix "Recipe". You can also now add the Prefix 'Review' in the same way if you write a review of a product, restaurant or book etc. I think its in the right section.

Last edited:
I made an omelette with 2 eggs, cheese and some onions. I browned it off under the grill until the cheese was lovely and bubbly. I like to use a lot of cheese. something with some taste to it. it was nice.

I made an omelette with 2 eggs, cheese and some onions. I browned it off under the grill until the cheese was lovely and bubbly. I like to use a lot of cheese. something with some taste to it. it was nice.
What kind of cheese did you use? I don't know where you are (which country) so I don't know what's available to you. Top tip, you can put your location below your image/avatar (in your case the question mark). It really helps sometimes to know where folk are based. Its easy to do. See here: How to add your location to below your avatar

What kind of cheese did you use? I don't know where you are (which country) so I don't know what's available to you. Top tip, you can put your location below your image/avatar (in your case the question mark). It really helps sometimes to know where folk are based. Its easy to do. See here: How to add your location to below your avatar
I like one called tickler. you don't have to use too much for a good taste, but that doesn't stop me covering the whole thing with a nice goey layer of tasty cheese and waiting for it to go brown and some of that fat running off into the omelette and stopping it sticking to the pan. kills to birds with one stone. :chef:

I'm in Manchester (sort of) at the moment. I'll look into that location thing soon. I was wondering how I did it. :thumbsup:

When I got back from my bike ride at lunch time, I made a cheese toasty by toasting 2 slices of wholemeal granary, then on a plate I put 1 and a half slices of Jarlsberg on each side and a teaspoon of green tomato chutney, then I put them together and zapped them in the microwave for 40 secs. Delicious. I could have done the whole thing under the grill with the same result but it would have taken longer.

This evening I made a casserole with lean pork steaks cubed, chopped onion and carrot, a mix of Knorr pork and veg stock, a large squirt of tomato puree, a tablespoon of whole grain mustard, cooked in the oven for 90 mins, then thickenned slightly with cornflour. Served with leaks, broccoli and green beans ( using up the last of the vegetables before I go shopping).

When I got back from my bike ride at lunch time, I made a cheese toasty by toasting 2 slices of wholemeal granary, then on a plate I put 1 and a half slices of Jarlsberg on each side and a teaspoon of green tomato chutney, then I put them together and zapped them in the microwave for 40 secs. Delicious. I could have done the whole thing under the grill with the same result but it would have taken longer.

This evening I made a casserole with lean pork steaks cubed, chopped onion and carrot, a mix of Knorr pork and veg stock, a large squirt of tomato puree, a tablespoon of whole grain mustard, cooked in the oven for 90 mins, then thickenned slightly with cornflour. Served with leaks, broccoli and green beans ( using up the last of the vegetables before I go shopping).
Don't you find that the toast goes soggy in the microwave?

We made "mess".
Ground beef, taco seasoning, cream style corn, Velveeta.

Velveeta is a processed cheese. It melts super easy.
Having done a bit of research, it seems its not actually cheese:
Real cheese used to be part of the product, but these days Velveeta is mainly whey protein concentrate and milk protein concentrate mixed with milk, fat and preservatives—which is not technically cheese by the Food and Drug Administration’s standards. In 2002, the FDA sent the company a warning letter asking them change their labeling from “cheese spread” to “cheese product,” and Kraft complied.
http://mentalfloss.com/article/68222/14-cheesy-facts-about-velveeta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom