What did you cook today (November 2016)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made beef stroganoff from hamburger helper and the leftover mushroom sauce from last night.

With the sudden drop in temperature we've experience the last few days, I think it's time to put my Hungarian hat on and prepare a goulash.

I don't know what hamburger helper is, but beef stroganoff sounds good.
Hamburger Helper is generally pasta with a dried sauce mix. You brown ground beef, then add water, milk, the pasta and the sauce mix. I tend to doctor it up with other stuff. I use it very rarely.

Nothing again yesterday. But I need to cook today so we have an evening meal. I think it was a squash soup of some kind but can't quite remember.. Will update later on today when I make it.

Other than what I mixed up for the girls that is.
They rather like porridge oats soaked in yoghurt with added soya milk to thin it down to a runny porridge. They had it for all 3 feeds today, polishing it off on all 3 occasions. I'm trying hard to feed up one of my bird who is rather lean. The soya milk is the one with extra calcium added for called osteo something or other.

Last edited:
Now what is rotis?

A roti cooking:

roticooked-s.jpg

They're a bit more "puffy" than flour tortillas, almost parathas.

They're a bit more "puffy" than flour tortillas, almost parathas.
The only difference between your roti and our flour tortilla is the ratio of fat and water.
Roll your roti a bit thinner and you will have an excellent tortilla.
Much better than those way too thin flour tortillas you can buy.
I just want you to have a good quesadilla.

The only difference between your roti and our flour tortilla is the ratio of fat and water.
Roll your roti a bit thinner and you will have an excellent tortilla.
Much better than those way too thin flour tortillas you can buy.
I just want you to have a good quesadilla.
I think you are on to something here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom