What did you cook today (November 2016)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lunch today... more a what did you prepare or have eaten than cooked, unless you count abandoning asparagus in a bowl of boiling water for 10 mins whilst doing something else?

I accidentally abandoned my jalapeños a bit too long. Almost burned them.

I accidentally abandoned my jalapeños a bit too long. Almost burned them.

For my "potatoes with roasted chilies" I dry roast the chilies (green cayennes in my case) in the cast iron pan and actually do burn the skins (well, they go very dark brown).

That's a great little photo!
Err... Thanks I think.

All I see is something that isn't straight to the edge of the table, has a table leaf joint in it, has the laptop power in it, the edge of the laptop, no way of cropping any of that out and to boot a window and good drop down and that's after I had already removed some of all of that! On the upside it's in focus, the wood in the table is really nice, the cork mat is clean and the asparagus is nice and chaotic...

:laugh: oh well.

what is one please?
My jalapeño popper is a jalapeño stuffed with cream cheese, topped with bacon and baked in the oven. They can also be grilled. Other varieties include stuffing the whole pepper with either cream cheese or sausage then coating in a batter and deep frying.

For my "potatoes with roasted chilies" I dry roast the chilies (green cayennes in my case) in the cast iron pan and actually do burn the skins (well, they go very dark brown).
You use a skillet. Most here use an open flame. Just set them on the burner.
Charring peppers is good. Almost burning the bacon on top isn't. The peppers themselves were fabulous.

There are
Err... Thanks I think.

All I see is something that isn't straight to the edge of the table, has a table leaf joint in it, has the laptop power in it, the edge of the laptop, no way of cropping any of that out and to boot a window and good drop down and that's after I had already removed some of all of that! On the upside it's in focus, the wood in the table is really nice, the cork mat is clean and the asparagus is nice and chaotic...

:laugh: oh well.
A few things that are great about this photo, the soft natural diffused light, the way the food is arranged with the asymmetrical positioning on the table mat, the colours and texture (love the stripes on the bread) and that big bite taken out of the bread. I've copied my slightly tweaked version over onto the Food photography questions, queries and advice. I really do think its a good photo!

There are

A few things that are great about this photo, the soft natural diffused light, the way the food is arranged with the asymmetrical positioning on the table mat, the colours and texture (love the stripes on the bread) and that big bite taken out of the bread. I've copied my slightly tweaked version over onto the Food photography questions, queries and advice. I really do think its a good photo!
Its a big bite because that's a tiny wrap. It is one of my diet ones. 90 calories per wrap. The bowl is a rice bowl from ikea, it too is tiny. I try the portion control side of life by having smaller crockery. there is a limit to how much you can get into it unless you are my OH!

thank you

We grilled smoked sausages on our new indoor electric grill. My sister Good Wilma had it really cheap and never used. Also fried corn, cheese sauce and pork n beans.

Egg and cress sarnie.

egg & cress sarnie.jpg

Nothing so far. I'll have some sandwich at lunch and probably I'll order a soup for dinner. And I'll have 5-6 teas during the day...and one big cup of hot chocolate before going to bed.

I am roasting a chicken for dinner. I don't know what else yet. It finally cooled off enough to really play in the kitchen.

Today I've experimented with the beautiful watermelon radish. I'm trying to develop some original recipes using it as a star ingredient. And if you don't know what it is - well don't be lazy. Search the internet for images and you will see why I'm excited. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom