What did you cook today October 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Served with red rice

When we first relocated to Nakhon Nowhere, we invested in a small rice farm. After the first year with only a profit of Bht 10,000.00, my wife decided we should grow red "designer" rice which was selling for 3 times the price. We swapped a few paks of white jasmine for a starter pack of red rice and away we went. By the time of the first harvest some 6 months later the bottom had dropped out of the red rice market and our profit had dropped to about Bht 7,000.00. That was the end of my farming days - since then we have rented out the farm for Bht 14,000.00 p.a.

When we first relocated to Nakhon Nowhere, we invested in a small rice farm. After the first year with only a profit of Bht 10,000.00, my wife decided we should grow red "designer" rice which was selling for 3 times the price. We swapped a few paks of white jasmine for a starter pack of red rice and away we went. By the time of the first harvest some 6 months later the bottom had dropped out of the red rice market and our profit had dropped to about Bht 7,000.00. That was the end of my farming days - since then we have rented out the farm for Bht 14,000.00 p.a.
They were clearing the red rice in the supermarket, so 500g was AUD$1.99. I decided I might as well have the 6 packets going.

I think we're paying about Bht 50.00* for a kilo of white jasmine and it appears that brown or red is about the same.

* just less than A$ 2.00

I think we're paying about Bht 50.00* for a kilo of white jasmine and it appears that brown or red is about the same.

* just less than A$ 2.00
yeh - food in Australia is not that cheap! If you can get Australian grown (and a lot of rice is grown here) then it is a lot cheaper, but even going to the Asian supermarkets only improves matters if you buy a 10kg pack (which we have).

Sadly I'm not in the mood for cooking at the moment. I'm not in the mood for eating either. I'm just sleeping and drinking (not that kind :o_o:). I think I am getting a hot (almond) milk, bean and egg on toast and custard for tea. The milk and custard are the only things really appealing to me right now, that and sleep. though I may consider some fried rice tomorrow, but I'm not sure.

This evening's filet mignon with sauteed potatoes and onions, button mushrooms, poached egg, a grilled tomato (all the rage in the 70's), some grass and English mustard.

19octfillet_zpswtny7kal.jpg

Nothing again. Still feeling icky after my fall last week and off my food.

:cry:

I might try proper custard with egg yolks tomorrow. If i have the energy. Otherwise it will be custard,made with rice flour and flavourings instead. Hum thinking about this the only thing missing would be the egg...

One of my all time favourites: Sausage, liver, mash and onion gravy.

saus-liwer-onions-os_zpske3f3grh.jpg

One of my faves too! What kind of liver do you get over there?

Mainly pig's liver but chicken liver is available sometimes (although I prefer pig). My wife was charged with chasing down some chicken kidney yesterday also but arrived back with gizzard. Being the generous soul that I am, I give it to our local restaurant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom