What did you eat/cook today (February 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm finding out a lot of new things. I like it! Next time I'll come in UK, I'll also try carbonara sauce.

I know, it's a British supermarket tradition to take from other's food cultures and package them for easy consumption.

I have had several carbonara dishes in Italian restaurants in England, and this pot of creamy, gloopy sauce is nothing like the real thing, but it works in its own way.

We decided on a small road trip because we had heard a small thrift store in another town had books for 10 cents. Got there and the books were not 10 cents but 50 cents for softcover and $1 for hardcover unless otherwise priced. Found several regional cookbooks.
Then went to the Chinese restaurant there.

Influenced by @Yorky's often recurring mushroom sauce I did an experement and it turned out fantastically well, we will be doing it again very soon:

Sausage and Mushroom Carbonara Jackets.

You've given me an idea now. Maybe add small pieces of cooked bacon and some cheese to my standard mushroom sauce (made from condensed mushroom soup).

Could be a winner!

I have a pork chop in the freezer. Mmmmm - possibilities....

However today was pad prik gaeng gai with rice.

Pad prik gaeng gai w rice s.jpg

Although mine was a carry out without rice....

Pad prik gaeng gai s.jpg

I made some soft cheese from Jersey milk and then used the whey to add to home-made bread. It gave the bread a slight sourdough tang.

IMGP1651.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom