What did you eat/cook today (February 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I ate all I could including some apples that I thought were roasted yellow potatoes when I got them. The apples were good.
And my hair is salt and pepper with way more salt than pepper.
I've been dying my hair ever since the salt appeared. Its been red for a while now - blonde before that. What was the dish including apples which you thought were potatoes?

A late breakfast today.

fruit salad s.jpg

Yes it is! The name derives from the aroma (particularly the sage) they used to flavour (with beans) in the ancient time the little birds. When little birds wasn't available, they only cooked the beans with the aroma that remembers that. Ingenious!
Today you can add the sausage as I did. My mother in law is from Tuscany and when we go in Tuscany she always prepare me this dish..so good!

I looked up your reference to 'little birds' and found this:

Source here.

Fascinating!

I made a cheese and onion pie which we ate with baked beans.

IMG_20170221_185013490.jpg

There was too much pastry left to waste adding a decoration to the cheese and onion pie, so I rolled the pasty scraps into a circle, added a quarter of a chopped bramley apple, a sprinkle of sugar and the tiniest shake of cinnamon powder, folded over the pastry and pinched it together like a pasty. There was a little egg left on the brush to give a bit of colour.
We had half each with the rest of the apple stewed and a mini pot of custard between us. The most delicious dessert we've had for ages from the quickest spur of the moment use of pastry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom