What did you eat/cook today (February 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday's mixed fruit crumble. I used cooking apple, frozen blackberries, frozen black cherries and the remains of some blood orange slices which I had poached for another recipe. The poached oranges (chopped with rind on) added a really interesting sharp tang.

IMGP1659.jpg

IMGP1660.jpg

We are exhausted :sleep:..but very enthusiastic!
Excellent looking food there.

The trouble with living here in Leicester is that I am about as far from the coast as it is possible to get in Britain, so the seafood is not that good, and definitely not day fresh. So when we do go near the sea I eat as much seafood as I can, and your lunch has my mouth watering. :happy:

Last edited:
Neither I live near to the sea..Milano is about 300 km from it, but fortunately the delivers are day by day because Milano (and its area) can't afford not to have fish. Often there are many possibilities that in Milano you can find and eat fresh fish with high quality (especially in typical restaurant of South Italy), like the cities on the sea.And when I go out to eat fish, I eat it as if there's no a tomorrow :spaghetti::spaghetti::spaghetti:

Lunch: Scallop and black pudding salad with spinach, beetroot, mixed seeds and a mustard vinigarette.

View attachment 5535
Elegant! A classic combo with black pudding. But I like the addition of spinach. Can I persuade you to enter this for the Recipe challenge (she says hopefully). We have zero entries so far!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom