What did you eat/cook today (January 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its been a good food day. I cooked breakfast for us which was scrambled eggs and smoked salmon on sourdough toast. Then we went to a friend's for lunch. It was a good idea of having lots of individual things so we could pick and choose. He said that was called grazing! It was a mix of Asian and Spanish! Some tapas and also some indian dips and pakoras.

We enjoy having a long weekend in Aldeburgh, the b&b we stay at serve scrambled egg with smoked salmon and chorizo, utterly scrummy.

We enjoy grazing sometimes, less formal.
There is a company who call themselves Graze and try to sell you 'healthy' snacks on a monthly repeat basis. You get the first one free then have to cancel or you will keep paying at £3.99 a box. I tried this some time ago (as it was free) and cancelled after the free sample. A few bits and pieces of dried fruit and nuts and well...

I guess it may appeal to some people though.

images-130.jpeg

There is a company who call themselves Graze and try to sell you 'healthy' snacks on a monthly repeat basis. You get the first one free then have to cancel or you will keep paying at £3.99 a box. I tried this some time ago (as it was free) and cancelled after the free sample. A few bits and pieces of dried fruit and nuts and well...

View attachment 4991
I think the other day I saw no less than 4 companies that will deliver pre-prepped foods that you just put together and cook. Supposed to be easy healthy eating.
Can I guess there wasn't £3.99 worth of food in that box.

Well I can't find out what the snacks are without giving them my information.
Oh here:
You've redeemed a 4 snack sampler box absolutely free!

After your free trial, you will receive regular deliveries of our 8 snack variety box every week for just $11.99 each.

Graze is a regular subscription (every week).

I think the other day I saw no less than 4 companies that will deliver pre-prepped foods that you just put together and cook. Supposed to be easy healthy eating.
Yes, there are other companies here too. Some offer to deliver the ingredients so you can make the recipes supplied, which, I suppose, at least encourages people to cook.

Yes, there are other companies here too. Some offer to deliver the ingredients so you can make the recipes supplied, which, I suppose, at least encourages people to cook.
You may be right and even at $10 a person, that could be cheaper than going out every night.
At least the cookware is only a one time expense.

Well I can't find out what the snacks are without giving them my information.
Oh here:
You've redeemed a 4 snack sampler box absolutely free!

After your free trial, you will receive regular deliveries of our 8 snack variety box every week for just $11.99 each.

Graze is a regular subscription (every week).

I would not buy any thing like this because you just don't know what you are going to get quality wise. Much prefer to see exactly what I am buying, see, smell, touch etc...

View attachment 4991

Snacking between meals is supposed to be a bad thing because it encourages people to eat more calories than they should do, the claim is healthy but you would still be consuming extra sugar and other calories.

Snacking between meals is supposed to be a bad thing because it encourages people to eat more calories than they should do, the claim is healthy but you would still be consuming extra sugar and other calories.
I have heard the exact opposite. 3 meals + snacks every few hours are supposed to keep your blood sugar levels stable and because you always feel full you eat less.

Ok so the theory is eat regular healthy small meals throughout the day with the proper amount of calories for your body size and type.

The reality is more what you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom