What did you eat/cook today (January 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kale, chickpea, carrot,chicken and mushroom soup. Great for a cold rainy day. :)
soup.jpg

Today is marinated steaks then slow cooked, jacket potatoes and french style green beans.
If hubby ever gets home.

last night's evening meal.

I think I said I would upload a photo. Poached eggs, avocado (it was very ripe and needed eating) and 2 rice & pomegranate salad with a lemon, lime & sweet red miso dressing. I also added a touch of pomegranate molasses to the dressing.
IMG_7679.JPG

The recipe for the rice & pomegranate salad changes every time I make it, but this time it was medium grained brown rice (which has a wonderful nutty flavour and keeps its crunch factor), black rice, white onions, spring onions, red & green peppers, borlotti beans and some sunflower seeds. The dressing was juice of 2 lemons, 2 limes, sweet red miso, pomegranate molasses and a touch of maple syrup to take the sharpness off the miso.

Of course.

I didn't get to where I am today by poncing around trying to make raviolioli for 3 hours! :giggle::giggle:
Why not? According to "worst cooks in America", it only takes 75 minutes.
And that to me, has to be one of the stupidest shows ever.
Basic cooking instructions would be better than making lobsters, squid, ravioli. and Chicken Marsala. And other fancy foods.

Why not? According to "worst cooks in America", it only takes 75 minutes.
And that to me, has to be one of the stupidest shows ever.
Basic cooking instructions would be better than making lobsters, squid, ravioli. and Chicken Marsala. And other fancy foods.
It takes far less time that that. I make it sometimes and I make pasta quite often. Making pasta dough takes a few mins. Then you roll it out and cut it into the desired shapes. You can roll it by hand (in which case knead it first) or roll it in a pasta machine which in effect kneads it for you as it rolls repeatedly through.

Making the filling could take a while I suppose but that depends on the filling. Spinach and ricotta (a popular option) can be made in minutes using a microwave for the spinach. Cooking fresh home-made pasta is very fast. About 5 mins maximum in boiling water.

Last edited:
It takes far less time that that. I make it sometimes and I make pasta quite often. Making pasta dough takes a few mins. Then you roll it out and cut it into the desired shapes. You can roll it by hand (in which case knead it first) or roll it in a pasta machine which in effect kneads it for you as it rolls repeatedly through.

Making the filling could take a while I suppose but that depends on the filling. Spinach and ricotta (a popular option) can be made in minutes using a microwave for the spinach. Cooking fresh home-made pasta is very fast. About 5 mins maximum in boiling water.
I know. I just couldn't resist the time comment. The show had them knead, rest then put through the pasta machine.

part of our evening meal last night. We started off with the rice & pomegranate salad with 2 poached eggs (as above minus the avocado) and because of the current recipe challenge and because we fancied a treat... rhubarb crumble.
IMG_7692.JPG IMG_7701.JPG

I made pasta with chick peas, charred (bell) peppers, anchovies, tomatoes, red wine. A lazy dish.

Char the peppers, cut in strips, under the grill (broiler) slowly until black in places and softened. Add them to tinned tomatoes plus a tin of anchovies and a tin of chickpeas. Add a generous splosh of red wine and reduce the sauce. Meanwhile cook the pasta. Add the pasta to the sauce. Mix and serve with fresh parsley and grated parmesan sprinkled over the top.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom