What did you eat/cook today (January 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scampy, scallops and goodby sauce....

scampyscallops s.jpg

New Years Day meal, our finish to the Celebrations.

Scallops with black pudding crumb, pancetta, pea puree and a mustard vinigarette.

View attachment 4758

For the main, Rack of Lamb, Pommes Anna, Cauliflower roasted and puree, butter braised Carrots, a reappearance by the Pea Puree and a Red Wine & Shallot Sauce.

View attachment 4759

Dessert was a Strawberry Ripple Cheesecake (forgot the photo). All served with a bottle of Prosecco my niece gave us last week.
That really looks the business! Any recipes for the above?

Recipe please.

It's just finely chopped dill pickle and shallots, a little mustard powder, fresh parsley (I had to use dried), lemon juice, salt and pepper mixed with mayonnaise.

tartaresauce s.jpg

It should have included capers but I didn't have any.

They look great @SatNavSaysStraightOn . Can we add the picture to my recipe please? I love the home-made rustic look to them. What's your pastry recipe please. It looks like it is wholemeal. Was it dry and hard? Mine always is so I would love the recipe if it isn't please.

I was hungry and had cold extremeties coming back from a chilly bike ride so this ticked all the boxes :
Scrambled egg with bubble and squeak made from last night's left over new potatoes and broccoli.
IMG_20170104_180856058.jpg

Going for a hot bath shortly!

New Years Day meal, our finish to the Celebrations.

Scallops with black pudding crumb, pancetta, pea puree and a mustard vinigarette.

View attachment 4758

For the main, Rack of Lamb, Pommes Anna, Cauliflower roasted and puree, butter braised Carrots, a reappearance by the Pea Puree and a Red Wine & Shallot Sauce.

View attachment 4759

Dessert was a Strawberry Ripple Cheesecake (forgot the photo). All served with a bottle of Prosecco my niece gave us last week.
This looks really great. Scallops are in of my favourite things. I like the way you are arranging things on the plates. Pommes Anna sounds French and I think I should know what it is. But if you have a recipe I'd like to know how you do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom