What did you eat/cook today (January 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had homemade chill con carne and it was delicious. After I browned the mince and onions, everything else was chucked in and steamed in the pressure cooker for 20 minutes, then thickened slightly with cornflour. I'll have to remember exactly what went in because it was nicer than usual! Lol

Well the chicken wound up being deep fried and the Jansson was also done on the stove top because he got off much earlier than anticipated. Glad he had a half hour drive home today. He was working in the next town over.

Pork chop this evening - if I can find a pan big enough for it!

pork chop raw s.jpg

Well, I used our "flat bottom wok" and just kept moving it about. Turned out very tasty with roast potatoes, peas and mushroom cream sauce.

pork chop roasts s.jpg

It looks fantastic. :happy:
You like the look of my coq?

Fairly standard recipe, seal the chicken portions, then fry pancetta, mushrooms, garlic and shallots, add flour to cook out. Stick in decent red wine, chicken stock, thyme and season, add the chicken back in and bung in a low oven for 90mins, the spuds are Pomme Anna as I detailed earlier.

Fairly standard recipe, seal the chicken portions, then fry pancetta, mushrooms, garlic and shallots, add flour to cook out. Stick in decent red wine, chicken stock, thyme and season, add the chicken back in and bung in a low oven for 90mins, the spuds are Pomme Anna as I detailed earlier.
:laugh::laugh::giggle:

But you see we really need recipes to be posted. Do you marinade the chicken in red wine?

We are having messy tacos and salsa. Oh and he made a small salad. With the tacos, we have chopped tomatoes, lettuce and onions. Also Mexican Fiesta cheese and I will have sour cream.
We also prepped bell peppers, celery, onions and jalapeños to freeze.

I've eaten coq au vin in France and it was awesome. I must try this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom