What do you use to wipe down after preparing raw chicken?

Gene Gibly

Guru
Local time
1:33 PM
I have always been told that raw chicken contains harmful bacteria so you should clean up afterwards very thoroughly.

What do you use to wipe down your surfaces and chopping board after you have prepared raw chicken?

And is there anything you should do differently to when you clean up after using other meats?

Remove any food debris or blood etc with disposable kitchen roll,you can then clean with a mild solution of hot soapy water and dry with more kitchen roll,then the essential part next, sanitise this will kill any harmful bacteria ,follow the instructions on the bottle ,my advice is spray on and leave do not buff or shine it in ,most sanitizer products need contact time to work look for the codes bs en 1276 on the sanitise and read the label for how long contact time it takes to work,
If a professional kitchen does not carry out these simple tasks and demonstrate sound knowledge of the process of cleaning it will be failed and have to be re tested by the eho

clorox_anywhere_surface.jpg

THIS is what I use with a piece of paper towel. Tried to rotate the pic, but I couldn't.

it is safe to use on any hard surface where food is being prepped. :wink:

View attachment 3129

THIS is what I use with a piece of paper towel. Tried to rotate the pic, but I couldn't.

it is safe to use on any hard surface where food is being prepped. :wink:

Its a sanitising spray with a two minute contact time ,I would not spray near food
Have a quick look at this site http://www.ewg.org/guides/cleaners/5075-CloroxAnywhereHardSurfaceDailySanitizingSpray
Pre clean is recommended ,in the uk legislation changes quick ,what was fine for the industry to use last year would score you a fail this year !

I have a chopping board just for meat, and it is scrubbed down with an abrasive pad and hot soapy water straight after use.
works fine for a high risk nominated board again if it is stored correctly,away from other equipment but the area you prep in is the highest risk,and needs to sanitised as well not just cleaned!

Its a sanitising spray with a two minute contact time ,I would not spray near food
Have a quick look at this site http://www.ewg.org/guides/cleaners/5075-CloroxAnywhereHardSurfaceDailySanitizingSpray
Pre clean is recommended ,in the uk legislation changes quick ,what was fine for the industry to use last year would score you a fail this year !

Not NEAR food, but in between switching from raw meat to veggies.

Besides, I have at least 2 or 3 cutting boards, so switching from one to the other is not a problem either. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom