What Food is Your Kryptonite?

Chocolate (Dark version in particular), pop corn/crisps, pizza, fried food. I go insane for them and that’s why during lockdown I need to cut them down until I’ll be able to do sport daily again..
And I’m laughing at myself now since just today I’ve bought a big chocolate Easter egg. I’m hopeless :facepalm:

Chocolate. Milk or dark chocolate. It's not as bad as it was before menopause but I still want a piece every now and again. I have a box of chocolates in my fridge which has lasted a couple of months now. I also make a point NOT to keep it on hand so I'm not tempted. My attitude is if I get dressed, go to the store, wait in line...then I can have it. However, I'm not going through all that on a regular basis.

chocolate-doesnt-ask-silly-questions-chocolate-understands-30868268.png

My kryptonite switches every few years. A long time it was chips, then chocolate (especially around easter/christmas), raisins, rum raisins... Now I don't have any, because I focus on switching my dishes a lot. Oh wait, I'm eating a lot of fresh fruits at least at one time every day, like an apple, a pear and orange or banana.
Stay healthy

My kryptonite switches every few years. A long time it was chips, then chocolate (especially around easter/christmas), raisins, rum raisins... Now I don't have any, because I focus on switching my dishes a lot. Oh wait, I'm eating a lot of fresh fruits at least at one time every day, like an apple, a pear and orange or banana.
Stay healthy

You switched into a very good kryptonite food, if we can use this expression about it. You really stay healthy, well done :thumbsup:

I thought that too, but every medal has two sides and I think it's not good for the digestive system to eat too much plant fibre, because the body might use to much energy in that area. Don't understand me wrong, I've learned plant fibre is always good, but I've to think about that more. Like what kind of plants should be eaten together, to get all minerals/vitamins and while I simultaneously listen to my body and choose on the market what my own sense/feeling are craving for, because I need other minerals more than the people are telling us in the laboratory. Excuse me for off topic.
Stay healthy

There is one thing I love beyond reason and that is oysters. I would eat them breakfast, lunch and dinner. But I wouldn't keep eating them ad nauseam. A dozen at a time is fine.

I had a dozen last week, big fat juicy ones. Bluff oysters just under $40 dozen battered and fried. I thought of you as I ate them,lol.

Russ

I'll add Krispy Kremes too. I almost asked Craig to stop on his way home from an errand since he has to go just a few blocks out of his way to get to a store, but I resisted.

There is a Krispy Kreme and a Dunkin' Donuts, in the SAME shopping center, about five minutes from my house. :laugh:

CD

I've been trying to think of a kryptonite food, but can't. I get cravings for one kind of food from time to time, but that food craving always changes. Most recently, it was for Buffalo wings -- and of course, all the stores were out of chicken wings. It took two weeks for me to finally cure that craving. I have no idea what my next craving will be.

CD

I thought that too, but every medal has two sides and I think it's not good for the digestive system to eat too much plant fibre, because the body might use to much energy in that area. Don't understand me wrong, I've learned plant fibre is always good, but I've to think about that more. Like what kind of plants should be eaten together, to get all minerals/vitamins and while I simultaneously listen to my body and choose on the market what my own sense/feeling are craving for, because I need other minerals more than the people are telling us in the laboratory. Excuse me for off topic.
Stay healthy

Ah yes, I fully understand, I’ve also read somewhere that it would be better to eat fresh fruit in the early morning and/or as mid-afternoon snack and would be better to avoid it in the evening because of its sugar or for digestion 🤷🏻‍♀️.
I haven’t verified this, so it might be not all true

Back
Top Bottom