What Food is Your Kryptonite?

it's a lot easier to sustain injuries and a lot harder to recover from them. It was a lot of fun, though.
Definitely, everyone should adjust with age and take good care to prevent injuries. Wow, it is still impressive...and all the memories...

Skateboard too? How cool is that! There is this beautiful museum in my city (Mimara), and skaters gather in front of it, and do all kind of amazing acrobacy with the skateboards...I am too scared of injuries that would keep me away from doing my job to do any of that, plus I am affraid of heights...

I did desinfect my groceries in the first month back in March 2020. Then I stopped for pure lack of time, and it was stressing me out too much. All the other desinfections I do, all the precautions I do...

I do hope by autumn 2021 or Christmas, we will go forward...
Washing produce and wiping off cans, packaging, etc. was always something I did before the pandemic, though I didn't use disinfectant. I worked as a retail merchandiser (I went from store to store as a rep for major food distribution companies) and I saw what goes on behind the scenes at grocery stores. I am not saying it's that way in your community, perhaps employees are better at keeping your groceries clean, but I saw store employees who would put boxes of cereal, bags of flour, etc. on the floor while they were stocking items, and I saw female store employees who didn't wash their hands after using the loo and then would go back to work on the sales floor or at the cash register. If the women were doing that, how about some of the men? And then think about the number of customers who touch items you ended up selecting and purchasing to take home. Oh that and I know that there were rats at some warehouses where food items were stocked, and they have no compunction about defecating or urinating on tops of pallets of food items.

And so then people bring home their groceries and put them away in the pantry, refrigerator, and freezer. So yeah, after I started that job I started washing and wiping everything off.

Definitely, everyone should adjust with age and take good care to prevent injuries. Wow, it is still impressive...and all the memories...

Skateboard too? How cool is that! There is this beautiful museum in my city (Mimara), and skaters gather in front of it, and do all kind of amazing acrobacy with the skateboards...I am too scared of injuries that would keep me away from doing my job to do any of that, plus I am affraid of heights...
I was never that good! I could get on the skateboard and ride down a long, straight and flat surface, but none of the tricks, LOL. Same thing with waterskiing, just the basic stuff.

Sorry. Wish <i could encourage you.

Me too. Luckily there is so much going on during the day, I tend to get distracted. I have severely diminished news reading, it helps me keep some level of optimism ...

Oh I got distracted, my obsession food, hm...currently, since December 1st 2020, greek yoghurt and roasted almonds, and coffee, but coffee cannot count as food (can it :happy:? )
Coffee is food, to me! I know coffee grinds are good for soil. My grandmother used to bury coffee grinds and eggshells out in the back of her garden, she had amazing produce!

on the floor while they were stocking items, and I saw female store employees who didn't wash their hands after using the loo and then would go back to work on the sales floor or at the cash register.
My Goodness...I might go back to desinfecting...those are horrible true stories!

My grandmother used to bury coffee grinds and eggshells out in the back of her garden, she had amazing produce!
is it not fascinating, I heard that from my Grandmother too! At a time my parents kept a garden away from the city, she would encourage them to do that...ok then, coffee is on the list:D...

My Goodness...I might go back to desinfecting...those are horrible true stories!
I highly recommend it. There are higher end stores that do better, but people are people wherever you go, and there will always be some who aren't as hygienic as they should be. And it's impossible for management to monitor their employees 24/7. Oh yeah, and the bakery and deli employees who wear their aprons in the restroom and then go back to food prep areas, that's a HUGE no-no.

is it not fascinating, I heard that from my Grandmother too! At a time my parents kept a garden away from the city, she would encourage them to do that...ok then, coffee is on the list:D...
There were some studies that linked regular coffee consumption to lower risk of colon cancer. I have a cup of tea every morning usually followed by a cup of coffee.

And then think about the number of customers who touch items you ended up selecting and purchasing to take home.

This is why I don't bother wiping down the shopping cart handle when I enter a grocery store. Why bother if you are going to touch all kinds of other things in the store. Instead, keep disinfectant wipes in your car, and wipe down your hands when you are done shopping. I would often use the same wipe to wipe down my steering wheel, shift knob and other things I touch a lot in the car.

CD

This is why I don't bother wiping down the shopping cart handle when I enter a grocery store. Why bother if you are going to touch all kinds of other things in the store. Instead, keep disinfectant wipes in your car, and wipe down your hands when you are done shopping. I would often use the same wipe to wipe down my steering wheel, shift knob and other things I touch a lot in the car.

CD
You mean that grocery store employees where you shop don't wipe down the carts at the entrance? Where I live, they do.

I always have sanitizing wipes in my car, as well as a travel size hand sanitizer in my pocket and full size bottles in the doors. I was doing this years before there was a pandemic.

Last edited:
Similar but I didn't prepare it myself. Heinz variety.

1617529824307.png

Similar but I didn't prepare it myself. Heinz variety.

View attachment 60522
Awesome! Heinz might actually sell some at present too, might it not?
Curious of the taste...long time ago I tasted home made chutney, but not made by an English cook, it was interesting, but not with those ingredients...so it was chutney-ish...not The chutney...and this is something else...

Back
Top Bottom