What is the most un-appetizing food presentation you have ever come across?

I just recalled some things that I find disgusting, - tripe and the feet of animals, like pig's feet and chicken feet. Tripe is often in the meat section at the grocery stores and it always stirs up the thought - "Who in their right mind would eat that stuff?"

Oddly enough, I would not find bear paws objectionable.
Tripe can be good, but then again I grew up with Dad cooking it.

Then again, I grew up with mom's cottage cheese, and served cold in a salad - I still can't bring myself to eat that!

Yeah -tripe is disgusting. Lots of grey,scrungy matter floating in greasy broth......

It can be rather good and doesn't need to look as you describe. I do agree about the balut though!

Trippa alla Romana:

trippa-alla-romana-piatto-tipico-ricetta-1568x1045.jpg

Trippa alla romana: la ricetta originale della Sora Lella

Are you referring to natural sausage casings?

CD

I use Aidells andouille sausage and its ingredients do not include tripe.

No - I meant French andouille which contains tripe. The American version doesn't. They are really very different things, although presumably the origin of the Cajun type is French.

This is what French andouille (also called andouillette) looks like:

No - I meant French andouille which contains tripe. The American version doesn't. They are really very different things, although presumably the origin of the Cajun type is French.

View attachment 75217

Great product.
By the way the name ‘Nduja comes from the French Andouille

View attachment 75217

Ughh! I can see that stuff as something that would be a college dare to eat, like eating worms or a goldfish.

That's more disgusting than I thought andouille could ever be. That's far worse than head cheese.

Yuck. Where's the screaming in horror mimic at? :yuck:

Ughh! I can see that stuff as something that would be a college dare to eat, like eating worms or a goldfish.

That's more disgusting than I thought andouille could ever be. That's far worse than head cheese.

Yuck. Where's the screaming in horror mimic at? :yuck:

I love it - I've eaten it in a restaurant in France more than once (a long time ago now ). Not sure I can get it in the UK. Its one of those things that divides people.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom