What is your favorite beer?

This seems likely. The layout has definitely changed since I looked earlier and there is no FAQ bit now. It looks like they are building. I must confess that I didn't sit there trying to translate any of the Latin text and it's questionable how far I would have got anyway. I did study Latin at school, but it's quite a long time since I was at school...
Yes. So did I (study Latin). I rather liked it. Lorem Ipsum (dummy text) has been used since the 1500s, and survives into electronic publishing. The text used is based on a passage from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. Fascinating, I think!

One of the pitfalls of ordering beer online and getting it delivered is the incompetence of couriers. I've just learned that the beer I've been waiting for has been delivered to...Brighton. I live in Fife. Admittedly, the place where I live is on the coast and begins with a B, but that's as close as it gets.

Huff.

One of the pitfalls of ordering beer online and getting it delivered is the incompetence of couriers. I've just learned that the beer I've been waiting for has been delivered to...Brighton. I live in Fife. Admittedly, the place where I live is on the coast and begins with a B, but that's as close as it gets.

Huff.
I'm having the same problem with a certain online company. Ordered last Monday for next day delivery. Expected it on Wednesday because I missed the cut off. That wasn't a problem. They then changed it to a Thursday delivery, So 2 day delivery. They failed at that. Friday came and went. And this morning they are now saying thus next day delivery I paid extraextra for won't be delivered until Tuesday week!

I'm having the same problem with a certain online company. Ordered last Monday for next day delivery. Expected it on Wednesday because I missed the cut off. That wasn't a problem. They then changed it to a Thursday delivery, So 2 day delivery. They failed at that. Friday came and went. And this morning they are now saying thus next day delivery I paid extraextra for won't be delivered until Tuesday week!

As the late Richie Benaud used to say, "You wouldn't read about it...except you will."

I have now been promised a delivery on Monday. Now we have to trust that vehicles can make it across the Forth Bridge because we are getting blown about all over the place at the moment.

As the late Richie Benaud used to say, "You wouldn't read about it...except you will."

I have now been promised a delivery on Monday. Now we have to trust that vehicles can make it across the Forth Bridge because we are getting blown about all over the place at the moment.
Tis pretty windy everywhere at the moment. Nothing too bad if you stress hardy, but it will get used as an excuse just wait for it. They have to get over the Thelwall viaduct and Shap first!

Isn't the forth road bridge closed till the new year?

It is. "Structural faults" apparently. I assume that the Kincardine Bridge is getting some heavy traffic. We must be getting something through, though, because The Guardian arrived this morning and that gets printed in England. One hopes that essential supplies will make it and this house certainly classifies beer as essential.

"Hmm, which one shall I have?
"Tell you what, I'll have This and you can have That."

002.JPG

I'll always have a special place in my heart for Miller Lite!! :) I also enjoy German wheat beers. I like to try local brews whenever I can. I'm not too crazy about dark stouts. But, if you've never tried Belgian beers, I suggest you give them a try. Duvel is a nice one!!

I'll always have a special place in my heart for Miller Lite!! :) I also enjoy German wheat beers. I like to try local brews whenever I can. I'm not too crazy about dark stouts. But, if you've never tried Belgian beers, I suggest you give them a try. Duvel is a nice one!!
I used to drink Miller Lite (to save calories) but it doesn't seem to be available in the UK any more. I wouldn't begin to compare it with a real ale... but 'needs mus't when it comes to weight control. :D

The Duckhouse has acquired some mini-kegs from Yeovil Ales. Once a vegetable curry has been concocted later today, I see no reason not to unveil the first of them. I think we shall start, perversely, with the summer ale. Come to think of it, the temperatures now are not that far off what they were in the summer...

I'd take a Stella Artois on a cold or hot day-- I'll take any kind of alcohol everyday which makes me wonder if I'm turning into an alcoholic. LOL. I also love drinking our native beer here which is San Miguel and a native alcoholic brew which is rice wine and tuba which is fermented coconuts and vinegar.

Back
Top Bottom