What is your favorite beer?

20151011_135259_resized.jpg Here's another one I found lurking around by the case. It seems I am going to be forced into drinking beer as it's one thing we never seem to run out of around here. I'm going to have to decide on a favourite even though I am not a big beer fan.:(

I was drinking some Cairngorm Black Gold last night when my 'asthma' started playing up. I say asthma because that is very early signs of anaphylactic shock as well (for me) - problems with shortness of breath. It turns out that it contains Lactose of all things! I know it says it on the label (well read that as now know it says it on the label) but why oh why does beer need to have lactose in it?

Ahhhhh.... not fair and not impressed because I was enjoying it. It is a nice beer.
Curiously though there website does not mention lactose, only the bottle I had does!
http://www.cairngormbrewery.com/index.php?com=ecom&func=view&id=3

Humm... seems that the draught bottled version contains lactose (from the milk stout recipe) and the bottled version of it does not! Confusing or what.
We are Vegetarian Approved and currently our ale Black Gold (in bottle) is Vegetarian Approved Beer of the Year. Black Gold does contain Lactose as it is made from a Traditional Milk Stout recipe.
And from here http://www.barnivore.com/products/10774-cairngorm-black-gold

I wonder if that is the colour difference in the labels online - there are red versions and black versions of the same beer? Not sure which one we had now because my OH did the recycling this morning and the bottles went to be recycled!

Oh dear, the excellent Yeovil Brewery has just offered me a 10 percent discount on their splendid beer. It looks like we'll just have to buy some to keep us going over the winter solstice. It's tough, sometimes, it really is.

One of our local convenience stores got a bit ambitious and started to stock a variety of beers from Scottish independent breweries. This was all very laudable, but sadly not very pragmatic. As the chap in the shop said rather ruefully to me, what their customers want are cans of fizz in the form of lager and cider. The result is that they had given up on the idea and are selling off the beer for 99p a bottle.

I fished out a tenner and strolled away with ten bottles of craft ale. There are four or five that I've not tried before, so that's a bonus. It's a shame that we are losing a source of decent ale, but one feels obliged to help them clear the stock.

Something I was pleased to get hold of was something from the Lerwick Brewery in Shetland. I've had a few beers from Shetland's other brewery, the splendidly-named Valhalla, but not this one as yet.

I also grabbed some Light Ness, a hoppy beer from the Loch Ness Brewery. Here's a curious thing - I had a look at their website and went into the frequently asked questions. It's all in Latin. Why, I really couldn't say.

Something I was pleased to get hold of was something from the Lerwick Brewery in Shetland. I've had a few beers from Shetland's other brewery, the splendidly-named Valhalla, but not this one as yet.

I also grabbed some Light Ness, a hoppy beer from the Loch Ness Brewery. Here's a curious thing - I had a look at their website and went into the frequently asked questions. It's all in Latin. Why, I really couldn't say.

I had a look but couldn't find the FAQ. It was probably under construction and using dummy text (Lorem Ipsum) which has its roots in Lation. See here http://www.lipsum.com

I had a look but couldn't find the FAQ. It was probably under construction and using dummy text (Lorem Ipsum) which has its roots in Lation. See here http://www.lipsum.com

This seems likely. The layout has definitely changed since I looked earlier and there is no FAQ bit now. It looks like they are building. I must confess that I didn't sit there trying to translate any of the Latin text and it's questionable how far I would have got anyway. I did study Latin at school, but it's quite a long time since I was at school...

Back
Top Bottom