What is your most hated kitchen cleaning job?

Which is your most hated kitchen cleaning task?

• Cleaning the oven

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Cleaning the fridge

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • De-frosting the freezer

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Cleaning the kitchen floor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Emptying and cleaning kitchen bins

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Cleaning the sink

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
First - cleaning the oven. Things bake in there. And since I don't have air conditioning here, turning on the self cleaning option is nasty in summer.
Second - cleaning the fridge. Especially when something decides to go off in a corner and die.

All the other tasks are fine.

We have a glass cooktop, and that thing is impossible to get clean, short of standing there with a razor blade and applying copious amounts of boiling water.

Scrubbing the grime - be it the stove top, wall or any other place. I can't stand grime and I hate scrubbing it. Any guesses for what I finally do? I scrub. Sigh.

I started cleaning the fridge as I put away groceries. It's been a lifesaver habit.
We do something similar, plus we keep a little kitchen cloth down in the fridge door for liquid spillages (remember there's no dairy in our household). Anything bigger than a splash is dealt with immediately and if a glass shelf needs wiping down, then it's done there and then. The veg/salad drawer gets pulled out and washed as needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
True - but neither does a drain.

Oh, I suppose it does if the kitchen sink is blocked due to the drain...
Mine does - that's one spot where I access the drain, right under the kitchen sink. I've had to snake it more than once. :(

Back
Top Bottom