What is your most hated kitchen cleaning job?

Which is your most hated kitchen cleaning task?

• Cleaning the oven

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Cleaning the fridge

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • De-frosting the freezer

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Cleaning the kitchen floor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Emptying and cleaning kitchen bins

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Cleaning the sink

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
I don't like to clean the bins and containers of leftover.
More than once, I've looked at a container in the fridge and just chucked the whole thing in the trash.

Many years ago, I took my now-wife on a picnic, and I bought a big cooler to pack everything in, and that's where all the leftovers went (fried chicken, cheesecake, watermelon, pasta salad, etc.).

When the day was done and I got home, I thought, "Yeah...I'll clean that out in the morning."

I kept putting it off, and that cooler stayed in the back of my car throughout Summer.

By Autumn, I just grabbed the whole thing and threw it in the dumpster. :D

I don't like any of it. I'm not sure what kitchen bins are. Cleaning the oven, but thankfully, it's not a daily task. Taking out the trash. All the condominiums face one another. You have to parade your garbage through the whole complex, walk the length of the pool, and go out the back gate. You need your key to get back into the bldg. and open the gate, or you're locked out. Then, you have to walk all the way back again, and take the elevator. It's a big humiliating production. It's the same process to get to the laundry room. I hire folks to help me out on occasion. Money well spent when I'm not feeling well.

Last edited:
Taking out the trash.
Here's my trash dilemma:

1. Remove the full bag from the bin, and tie it off.

2. Out the kitchen side door into the garage, place full trash bag in the big bin.

3. Walk back into the kitchen, shutting the door behind me.

4. Look at the empty kitchen bin, facepalm myself for forgetting to grab an empty liner from the big box right next to the door on my way in.

We've been in this house 15 years, and I empty the kitchen trash bin 99% of the time, and I can count the number of times I've remembered to grab a new liner on one hand, and still have a thumb and finger to spare, probably.

Here's my trash dilemma:

1. Remove the full bag from the bin, and tie it off.

2. Out the kitchen side door into the garage, place full trash bag in the big bin.

3. Walk back into the kitchen, shutting the door behind me.

4. Look at the empty kitchen bin, facepalm myself for forgetting to grab an empty liner from the big box right next to the door on my way in.

We've been in this house 15 years, and I empty the kitchen trash bin 99% of the time, and I can count the number of times I've remembered to grab a new liner on one hand, and still have a thumb and finger to spare, probably.
It's similar here except for the fact that the spare bags are kept under the kitchen sink a few meters from the kitchen bin.

More than once, I've looked at a container in the fridge and just chucked the whole thing in the trash.

Many years ago, I took my now-wife on a picnic, and I bought a big cooler to pack everything in, and that's where all the leftovers went (fried chicken, cheesecake, watermelon, pasta salad, etc.).

When the day was done and I got home, I thought, "Yeah...I'll clean that out in the morning."

I kept putting it off, and that cooler stayed in the back of my car throughout Summer.

By Autumn, I just grabbed the whole thing and threw it in the dumpster. :D
:laugh::laugh::D

I've been using a business called Taskrabbit, on occasion. They clean, do laundry, run errands, paint, do handyman work, assemble furniture, wait in line etc. Today it's supposed to be around 100 degrees, again. I have a Tasker coming to take out the trash, pick up the mail, & pick up Chinese - green bean chicken, honey walnut shrimp, & chow mein, for about $21. They have done some light cleaning for me as well - floors etc. I book a time, day and price. Huge help.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom