What kind of butter do you buy?

Maybe we need a butter thread???
Butter late than never. TADAAAAA!!! :bravo: :bravo:

I don´t think American butter is inferior at all. Evidently all butter is different, because the cows graze in different pastures and the processing is different. The more natural cream in the butter, the better it should taste, in principal.
I always buy unsalted butter these days, although the specific brand doesn´t bother me too much. I have stopped buying Lurpak; last time I tried it, it just seemed sort of tasteless to me.

Butter late than never. TADAAAAA!!! :bravo: :bravo:

I don´t think American butter is inferior at all. Evidently all butter is different, because the cows graze in different pastures and the processing is different. The more natural cream in the butter, the better it should taste, in principal.
I always buy unsalted butter these days, although the specific brand doesn´t bother me too much. I have stopped buying Lurpak; last time I tried it, it just seemed sort of tasteless to me.
Yeah I don't understand the lurpak craze either. It's fine but not special to me.

Land-O-Lakes has an "Extra Creamy" butter that is 82-percent milk fat, but it is not easy to find. You can probably get it, or something similar, at Whole Paycheck Market.

CD
…and you’ve reminded me that they also make “extra creamy” half-and-half, which is something like 75% cream/25% milk.

I definitely buy Kerrygold butter, I can always find both salted and unsalted at Costco so thats my #1. Sometimes I’ll make a batch in my Kitchenaid though it can be more expensive.

My local store though has a bunch of different local butter and imported ones which I haven’t tried. Like Is aid Kerrygold hasn’t let me down so I haven’t gone outside the butter bubble much.

Land o lakes butter..png

Usually, it's THIS brand that I use!! Spreadable to put onto bread. :whistling:
spreadable butter..jpg
spreadable butter..jpg

Last edited:
Speaking of imported butter for us North American people - This is a great imported one from Finland thats highly rated as well. I can find this in my area but not sure how widespread it is elsewhere. It’s delicious if you can find it.

Edit: can’t get the pic to post for some reason but check out Finlandia Unsalted.

I reckon nz produce some of the world's best butter. Quite yellow company to American from what I've observed. Convince me I'm wrong.
( in steps mg)

Ps I know you broke your leg. I get e mails from members. Hope you keeping off it.

Russ
Thanks Russ. I'm feeling very sorry for myself!

I'm quite willing to believe that NZ butter is the best. I'm not sure I ever tasted any. I'll have to see if its available here. I think Anchor may have been imported from NZ but I'm not sure... as karadekoolaid says, its made in Wiltshire these days.

Back
Top Bottom