What kind of butter do you buy?

A lot, if not all, of commercial butter has food coloring added to make it yellow. When you make butter yourself, it is nowhere near the color of commercially made butter.

I know this because long ago I was in 4H, a kid's organization, back when it was almost entirely focused on agriculture. There used to be fairs where kids that raised pigs, cattle, other farm animals would show them. Kids that grew vegetables would show their efforts. And there would be booths that demonstrated what could be done with farm products, one of which was butter making. Everybody wanted to be in that booth because you got to sample freshly made butter on saltines (even though you were supposed to be giving them out as samples).

Last edited:
Well it always takes some tries to find the perfect level of salt and they could even expand the tasting by pretending to make butter with various level of salts adjusted to different sorts of bread

I didn't see the term "Cultured" butter here. Did I? Anyhoo, I grab it whenever I am in the city. Has a more concentrated butter taste..
Rocklobster I haven't seen cultured butter in years

Like this?

BC9D6B09-AAA6-4FAD-B0EB-9397EDB9B0C2.jpeg

Our butter here is sold by pound, now 500gm blocks. Around $7 but it's on special at $5 occasionally. I always have about 10 blocks in fridge in the garage.

Russ

Those same Kerrygold sticks are $5.49 here. :eek: :eek:

In general, Texas has a below average cost of living. That's why so many people (and companies) are moving here from places like California and the Northeast.

CD

Back
Top Bottom