What kind of music do you like?

I used to be really into Enya in a big way but she has peaked now...I go more by soothing, relaxing sounds e.g. samba/latin jazz, harp music, meditation music, bamboo flute music and even some classical music when it isn't frantic!

(In the last century I was more into contemporary folk music, e.g. Fairport Convention. I used to be a singer/songwriter and performed that style of music in contemp. folk clubs).

Gene Gibly said:
I like motown, funk, soul, and a little bit of jazz. How about you?
Almost everything except very traditional Country and Opera. May be the only senior citizen (67) with over 5000 songs on my IPod. Except for the two mentioned,everything from AC/DC to Leonard Bernstein. Very partial to classical.

In the kitchen I seem to alternate between George Michael's 'Songs from the Last Century' and the greatest hits of Burt Baccarat. The tempo and sophistication of both seem to suit cooking. Completely different to what I listen to everywhere else.

In the kitchen I seem to alternate between George Michael's 'Songs from the Last Century' and the greatest hits of Burt Baccarat. The tempo and sophistication of both seem to suit cooking. Completely different to what I listen to everywhere else.

I've never associated music with what I'm actually doing (although I don't do a lot). Just my mood, I guess.

I've never associated music with what I'm actually doing (although I don't do a lot). Just my mood, I guess.
Don't sell yourself short. You sit on your stoep drinking beer - a worthy occupation I aspire to one day.

Everything really, love heavy metal, hard rock, disco, some pop, rap etc etc etc. the only genre that doesn't get a look in at our place is country & western.

Guns n Roses
Pearl Jam
Foo Fighters
Pantera
Panic!@theDisco
Pierce the Veil
Fall Out Boy
Pink
Ed Sheeran

And on & on

"Ten Years After" today.

I bought my first album of their's in '69 - Stonedhenge. The internal sleeve was either red or blue (stereo or mono) and there was a little hole in the corner of the outer cover so you could see what colour the inner sleeve was. Never saw that on any other album.

61o6pX1lu-L._SY355_.jpg

"Ten Years After" today.

I bought my first album of their's in '69 - Stonedhenge. The internal sleeve was either red or blue (stereo or mono) and there was a little hole in the corner of the outer cover so you could see what colour the inner sleeve was. Never saw that on any other album.

Great cover design.

The soundtrack for Reservoir Dogs is pretty cool.

If you like instrumentals then the Interview with a Vampire soundtrack could be worth a listen

Back
Top Bottom