What kind of music do you like?

My fave is combination of two. At full noise. Man she had a set of pipes!!

When I lived in Kuala Lumpur the Shangri-La "Pub" had a resident Filipino band for a time. I asked Rachael (the lead vocalist) if she could perform a song for me - "Summertime". She knew it and gave me a short rendition similar to how Gershwin intended. I explained that I wanted Janice Joplin's version which she didn't know. I gave her a tape and she promised it within a few days. It was three weeks before she finally performed it and although she did it reasonably well, her version was less than 2 minutes long. I asked why and she told me it that it hurt her vocal cords!

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz! From Pearl? I liked the movie The Rose. Bette Midler did a great job/portrayal of Joplin.

Have you seen the documentary fillum "Janice - Little Girl Blue". That's good.

MV5BODg1OTc5ODM5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTk0OTg4NjE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_[1].jpg

I don't think so. Would love to see it. I watch Reelz TV here, and they had some great footage about her & her life.

I just finished watching Bette Midler sing Midnight in Memphis. Now I want to see the Rose again.

I have CDs, Double CDs, books, DVDs about Janis..she makes me shiver every.single.time. What a voice. You can almost see her beside you as she's singing.

Attachments

• 20190912_081001-1.jpg
    20190912_081001-1.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 157
  • 20190912_081026-1.jpg
    20190912_081026-1.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 156
When I lived in Kuala Lumpur the Shangri-La "Pub" had a resident Filipino band for a time. I asked Rachael (the lead vocalist) if she could perform a song for me - "Summertime". She knew it and gave me a short rendition similar to how Gershwin intended. I explained that I wanted Janice Joplin's version which she didn't know. I gave her a tape and she promised it within a few days. It was three weeks before she finally performed it and although she did it reasonably well, her version was less than 2 minutes long. I asked why and she told me it that it hurt her vocal cords!

I totally believe that. Amazing.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom