What kind of music do you like?

Cool. You lasted longer than i did. I was in Kunsan. Korea, Panama when 88, and both Bases in North Dakota.
I was at Plattsburgh NY, then Randolph in San Antonio, then RAF Upper Heyford in the UK, then RAF Alconbury in the UK, then Dover in Delaware, or as some people say, "Dela...where?" :)

I have about 8 years of operatic singing training under my belt and because of my musical training can enjoy about any kind of music. Not a big fan of hip hop, but otherwise I like something in almost any genre.

My favorite band that made me want to sing operatic vocals (symphonic metal)
Started listening to them when I was 14, and still do as they are still going.

And my favorite pop singer:

And to top it off, some triphop:

This is just the top of the list, I love so many bands and artists that I have more than 500 in my general playlist alone.

I have about 8 years of operatic singing training under my belt and because of my musical training can enjoy about any kind of music. Not a big fan of hip hop, but otherwise I like something in almost any genre.

My favorite band that made me want to sing operatic vocals (symphonic metal)
Started listening to them when I was 14, and still do as they are still going.

And my favorite pop singer:

And to top it off, some triphop:

This is just the top of the list, I love so many bands and artists that I have more than 500 in my general playlist alone.

Massive Attack :highfive:

My brother recently sent me a message with an attached photo of us both during an outdoor concert that was held just outside Milan in 1995, called Sonoria, a sort of Woodstock style, with two stages, a bigger one for the BIG and a smaller one intended for lesser known but still very good rock bands.
The photo shows me and my brother and our friends during mid-afternoon, with beers in hand and wearing Dr. Martens (it had rained a lot and there was a lot of mud - I never had so much fun at a concert!)
Behind us, the stage more big in which Led Zeppelin were performing.
Very good, of course, but I was already looking forward to my BIG, The Cure, that they would play in the evening.
If I think about it, I'm still shivering.

Last edited:
I still have an iPod.
Plays nicely through the truck and boats sound systems.
Funny how it vanishes at the start of trip with the kids,,, then suddenly reappears when the trip is over.
I’m starting to think the kids may not like The Mills Brothers and Peggy Lee.

I still have an iPod.
Plays nicely through the truck and boats sound systems.
Funny how it vanishes at the start of trip with the kids,,, then suddenly reappears when the trip is over.
I’m starting to think the kids may not like The Mills Brothers and Peggy Lee.

Peggy Lee and Mills Brothers, thumb up

I had a very nice lunch break today, not so much for the food itself - a simple tuna and tomato sandwich eaten in the office dining room - but for having shared a lunch break with some colleagues remembering the 90s. So, some sound technicians (who better than them actually) turned on the music, adjusted the low tones and whatever, and the Mudhoney and Dinosaur junior, with some incursions from Mother Love Bone and Pearl Jam, materialized, making us all a little grunge and nostalgic, made that sandwich incredibly more good, and made me consciously old (well not so much)

Back
Top Bottom