What kind of music do you like?

Green day, ramones, but all time love, black n white album Roy o!

Russ

I worked a magazine story about ten years ago on a guy here in Dallas who was a huge Roy Orbison fan. He owned Orbison's Porsche 911 Cabriolet, along with a lot of other RO memorabilia. Really nice guy, and really over-the-top RO fan. I'm sure you and he could have spent hours talking.

CD

I worked a magazine story about ten years ago on a guy here in Dallas who was a huge Roy Orbison fan. He owned Orbison's Porsche 911 Cabriolet, along with a lot of other RO memorabilia. Really nice guy, and really over-the-top RO fan. I'm sure you and he could have spent hours talking.

CD

Fan, but not a groupie type,lol. Sad how he died. We have a big day here in November, invitation only, after a day of drinking and food, we move inside and Roy is played as the first album. It's really a big day.!!

Russ

I've just put on the CD of The Committments movie soundtrack's (by Alan Parker) .. damn, the voice of Andrew Strong is really spectacular
I haven't seen that movie in decades, but I seem to recall a scene near the beginning where a guy is busking in the town square and he's singing a slow version of "Cathy's Clown," which I thought was beautifully done, and it's just a few seconds long.

I got into a Zappa mood last night (weed is illegal in Texas, so the answer is no). He is a music legend here, and I think he did well in Europe. Not sure how far reaching is music was.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp6LT2MdaPI

CD
Zappa was a musician's musician. He's one of those guys whose playing garners respect across genres. So creative!

Being the time of year it is, I've been listening to John Fahey's Christmas albums. I'll see if I can find a video that won't trip copyright issues for our UK/Euro members.

Try this one for Christmas:
View: https://youtu.be/t3WfbpnIdqM

And this one just because I love Fahey's fat tone:
View: https://youtu.be/ReW9uUYm-DA

Last edited:
Weeds illegal here too, but apparently not in your teens,lol.

Russ
My SIL (American), her folks emigrated to NZ back in the early 70's (she stayed behind to go to school). As such, she travels to NZ every few years to visit them (well, she did until recently, as they've both passed not too long ago).

She likes to partake of the wildweed herself, and she always paints NZ (at least the part she visits) as a smoker's paradise, with it being very much out in the open and embraced.

It's legal here in our state now, but only for medicinal purposes and it's damn hard to get a prescription. That's how they do legal weed in a conservative state - make it legal but nearly impossible to get. :wink:

There are parts that have hippies like the coromandel, or west coast of South Island. Good growing areas and good pot smokers. I dabbled in drugs as a teen but stopped when I became a dad. I took a joint to a 70s dress up about 15 years ago. I lit it up, others finished it,lol.

Russ

I got into a Zappa mood last night

A really good Zappa song I'd never heard before! Thanks!

Weed is legal in my state now. Last March a couple friends and I went to a local pot shop. For some reason, it doesn't have the same draw it did as when I was much younger. So, most of the stuff sits here (high up and out of the way of anyone inquisitive). At least it is now obtainable infused in oils - instead of inhaling nasty particulates.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom