What kind of music do you like?

Music related, so on topic (I think), back in the 70s and 80s, when I went to a lot of concerts, joints were passed around a lot. You could smell it... the cops could certainly smell it, but they looked the other way unless you went to far and started stumbling around, causing "issues."

The cops were more focused on the drunks than the stoners. The drunks got into fights, and tried to run up on stage -- the stoners stayed chilled.

We went to Denny's after concerts for midnight breakfast, and ate pounds of food. :cool:

CD

Music related, so on topic (I think), back in the 70s and 80s, when I went to a lot of concerts, joints were passed around a lot. You could smell it... the cops could certainly smell it, but they looked the other way unless you went to far and started stumbling around, causing "issues."

The cops were more focused on the drunks than the stoners. The drunks got into fights, and tried to run up on stage -- the stoners stayed chilled.

We went to Denny's after concerts for midnight breakfast, and ate pounds of food. :cool:

CD

In the 70s everyone smoked weed. Parties booze and weed. Oh, and chicks,lol.

Russ

CD

The midnight munchies! I never got on with weed myself, despite being a teen in the 60's and touring with a band (I was a girlfriend not a musician). There was certainly plenty of it about at concerts.

Black Lebanese Hash was pretty popular in the '70's Try Black Sabbath live on that! :whistling:

I've spent a few evenings buying chocolate in Essaouira.

Black Lebanese Hash was pretty popular in the '70's Try Black Sabbath live on that! :whistling:

My boyfriend and I saw Black Sabbath live in the 70s -- great concert but my ears were ringing for days. Didn't indulge in anything, but there was certainly a contact high in that stadium. (They were his favorite band.)

jam Bands. Stuff you won’t hear on the radio and you don’t really know where it is going. Allmans, Grateful Dead, String Cheese Incident, Dave Matthews Band, Dead & Company. That kind of stuff

I was a drummer in my younger days. I love watching good drummers. I just was watching some videos, and found a string of drummers whose fathers were/are famous drummers. Here are a few...

Nicolas Collins (Phil Collins' son -- 18 years old)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C4MfPKjaSg

Jason Bonham (John Bonham's son)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP-ZjbrNLWU

Zak Starkey (Ringo Starr's son, Keith Moon's Godson and current drummer for The Who)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4o0wV1uUIQ

CD

I bought this on vinyl in the 70s. The original album is back in UK but I just found a copy on CD which I'd forgotten that I had.

I was a drummer in my younger days. I love watching good drummers. I just was watching some videos, and found a string of drummers whose fathers were/are famous drummers. Here are a few...

I don't know what Eric Delaney's dad did for a living but his son really impressed me as a drummer when I was a kid.

Yorky, I studied Art at The University of North Texas (UNT). They have a solid art department, but are best known for their music school, and in particular, one of the best jazz studies programs in the world. The UNT One O'Clock Lab Band does world tours -- and they are students.

I had the good fortune to hear them in live performances for free on a regular basis.

Now, they have a world class concert hall to perform in, Winspear Performance Hall, at UNT. Here is a live clip from that venue.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0rAjTZETA

If you like good jazz, do a search on UNT One O'Clock Lab Band.

CD

Back
Top Bottom