What kind of music do you like?

My boyfriend and I saw Black Sabbath live in the 70s -- great concert but my ears were ringing for days. Didn't indulge in anything, but there was certainly a contact high in that stadium. (They were his favorite band.)

With or without Ozzie? Tony Iommi created that "sound".

The Yamaha Surround bars often go on sale at COSTCO for around $100 and is that ever cheap.
I feel they sound as good as an elaborate expensive system we and our friends had.

Sets up in minutes. Hit the surround button with subs at 50% the house lites up with clean, rich sound.

It has Bluetooth so this morning I’m “ripping” this off YouTube :
View: https://youtu.be/EJva8bXKTzM

Sounds nice this morning as the sun rises. The wife will rise soon enough and make me turn it off.

I’m also cooking Maynard breakfast of Walmart Brioche bread French toast dipped in an agave syrup and egg batter, hash browns, fresh peaches and scrambled eggs Gordon Ramsay style w/cheese and garnished with a few kind words.

That kid eats like one of those giant parade mules
but our kids are naturally skinny.

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out the best way these days to get MY music (things I've bought over the years and paid for) into the modern world where I can play them through the house. I'm not remotely interested in Pandora or those other services - I want to set up a system that I can plug my CDs into, and listen to what I like. I do have an ancient iPod, but I am sure its days are numbered. And I can't finish adding songs to it anyway, and it will only plug into one old Bose speaker for now.

My tastes are eclectic, but I don't like everything by any particular artist or composer. And I want mixes - not JUST one style of music at any given time or given mix. Although there are some styles I want to avoid all together.

Also, unfortunately, learning about NEW music is a source that has mostly dried up. The public radio music station I could check back down in Connecticut has not the signal to reach up here (its slogan was, "you never know what you are going to hear next" - and they really went off the rails - yes I hated some of it, but I expanded, and they created playlists like I like to make mine), and music magazines such as Dirty Linen (folk & folk-rock & folk-whatever) are now defunct. I want B-tracks sometimes.

Probably a tall order today.

The Yamaha Surround bars often go on sale at COSTCO for around $100 and is that ever cheap.
I feel they sound as good as an elaborate expensive system we and our friends had.

Sets up in minutes. Hit the surround button with subs at 50% the house lites up with clean, rich sound.

It has Bluetooth so this morning I’m “ripping” this off YouTube :
View: https://youtu.be/EJva8bXKTzM

Sounds nice this morning as the sun rises. The wife will rise soon enough and make me turn it off.

I’m also cooking Maynard breakfast of Walmart Brioche bread French toast dipped in an agave syrup and egg batter, hash browns, fresh peaches and scrambled eggs Gordon Ramsay style w/cheese and garnished with a few kind words.

That kid eats like one of those giant parade mules
but our kids are naturally skinny.

You paint a vivid picture with your words.

I'm trying to figure out the best way these days to get MY music (things I've bought over the years and paid for) into the modern world where I can play them through the house. I'm not remotely interested in Pandora or those other services - I want to set up a system that I can plug my CDs into, and listen to what I like. I do have an ancient iPod, but I am sure its days are numbered. And I can't finish adding songs to it anyway, and it will only plug into one old Bose speaker for now.

My tastes are eclectic, but I don't like everything by any particular artist or composer. And I want mixes - not JUST one style of music at any given time or given mix. Although there are some styles I want to avoid all together.

Also, unfortunately, learning about NEW music is a source that has mostly dried up. The public radio music station I could check back down in Connecticut has not the signal to reach up here (its slogan was, "you never know what you are going to hear next" - and they really went off the rails - yes I hated some of it, but I expanded, and they created playlists like I like to make mine), and music magazines such as Dirty Linen (folk & folk-rock & folk-whatever) are now defunct. I want B-tracks sometimes.

Probably a tall order today.

Back when computers still had CD/DVD drives in them, I converted all of my CDs into files on my computer, with back-ups, of course. I used Apple iTunes to do it, but there are other ways. I don't have any CDs anymore.

CD

Back when computers still had CD/DVD drives in them, I converted all of my CDs into files on my computer, with back-ups, of course. I used Apple iTunes to do it, but there are other ways. I don't have any CDs anymore.

CD

I keep a collection of music on a 32Gb stick (it holds a lot of tunes) plugged into my hi-fi but I still have all the original CDs.

My CDs are in a box in the garage. Spotted them the other day looking for something.

Russ

Mine are all still stored in the cabinet.

I still have most of the old CDs and yes, even most of the old LPs. I'm seriously needing to convert those over (the songs I WANT) prior to getting rid of them. I know a place that buys old LPs and gives a bit of money for them if in good condition (mine are). I've done a lot with the CDs but 1) they're on a no-longer supported iPod, and 2) I never had a chance to finish that job. The LPs are harder to convert, because I want to convert them song by song, not LP side by LP side - that is totally useless to me. I ditched a few that I never liked last summer when moving out for final from the old home - and a few LPs that I'd rebought as CDs in the decade or so interim.

I've got probably 500 LPs stores away, even some old 78's. CDs, maybe 150 all told.

I did go bonkers a while ago and threw out three big trash bags full of cassettes, then immediately regretted it, because a lot of them, I'd recorded off the radio back when I was a child and they had things I've never heard since.

My wife, bless her heart, still has boxes of 8-tracks...

Back
Top Bottom