What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DIL is a teacher. Her first assignment was in New Iberia - 20 miles SSE of Lafayette. This is not a story. I saw her class roster. She had a student whose name was pronounced

Sha theed

It was spelled Shithead.

:hyper: If that child grew up to be a mass murderer I would not be surprised.

I agree. I'm not sure it is American as Americans don't really do traditional Sunday roast with Yorkshires.
I'm not even sure what a traditional Sunday roast with Yorkshires is, but it's quite the "done" thing to have Pot Roast on Sunday here. It's traditionally a chuck roast that has been slow cooked for many hours with beef broth and potatoes and carrots. There are numerous variations, some like it cooked with wine, others add a beer and other just onions. However you do it, I have never seen cheese be part of it. There is usually gravy and rolls as traditional sides. Some like mashed potatoes instead of roasted ones. Anyway, sorry for the veer into off topic.
Here's a funny smiley. :wacky:

I'm not even sure what a traditional Sunday roast with Yorkshires is, but it's quite the "done" thing to have Pot Roast on Sunday here. It's traditionally a chuck roast that has been slow cooked for many hours with beef broth and potatoes and carrots. There are numerous variations, some like it cooked with wine, others add a beer and other just onions. However you do it, I have never seen cheese be part of it. There is usually gravy and rolls as traditional sides. Some like mashed potatoes instead of roasted ones. Anyway, sorry for the veer into off topic.
Here's a funny smiley. :wacky:
Milkduds
Warm :welcome: to our lovely community. Your recipes are some that I would like to try. Pleases hang out for awhile.

SCORED!!!
I have moaned and groaned about not being able to find Active Dry Yeast that was not outrageously expensive. I scored some alternatives. a few weeks ago I found a local pizza joint that sells open pizza dough. SCORE I purchased two the first trip and four the second. Still have one in the freezer.
Last week I actually went to the big grocery store for the first time in 2 months. SCORED!
A 5 pack of frozen rise and bake bread loaves.

The third loaf is rising. Two left in the pack.

Today Sweet G was shopping for his trip to the fishing camp. He came home with a TRIPLE HEADER.

SCORED!!!!
:woot::woot::woot:

DIL is a teacher. Her first assignment was in New Iberia - 20 miles SSE of Lafayette. This is not a story. I saw her class roster. She had a student whose name was pronounced

Sha theed

It was spelled Shithead.

:hyper: If that child grew up to be a mass murderer I would not be surprised.

Some things are unbelievable. My cousin married a guy with the last name Cockburn, he pronounces it coburn. I don't, lol.

Russ

Middle Sister's X - Dickie Swallow
G's good friend - Dickie Pecoraro
I will never speak to Sis's X. Abbreviate his first name. A perfect description of the man.
G's friend - I have to prepare myself before we visit to keep from laughing.
What were their parents thinking?

SCORED!!!
I have moaned and groaned about not being able to find Active Dry Yeast that was not outrageously expensive. I scored some alternatives. a few weeks ago I found a local pizza joint that sells open pizza dough. SCORE I purchased two the first trip and four the second. Still have one in the freezer.
Last week I actually went to the big grocery store for the first time in 2 months. SCORED!
A 5 pack of frozen rise and bake bread loaves.
View attachment 41013

The third loaf is rising. Two left in the pack.

Today Sweet G was shopping for his trip to the fishing camp. He came home with a TRIPLE HEADER.

View attachment 41014

SCORED!!!!
:woot::woot::woot:
I hadn't seen yeast in about three weeks, then on Monday, I saw a single three-pack in one store, and on Wednesday, several three-packs, just lying out loose. I expect by next Wednesday, there'll be yeast aplenty. 🤞

A duck walks into a pub and orders a pint of beer and a ham sandwich.
The barman looks at him and says, "Hang on! You're a duck."
"I see your eyes are working," replies the duck.
"And you can talk!" exclaims the barman.
"I see your ears are working, too," says the duck.
"Now if you don't mind, can I have my beer and my sandwich please?"
"Certainly, sorry about that," says the barman as he pulls the duck's pint. "It's just we don't get many ducks in this pub. What are you doing around this way?"
"I'm working on the building site across the road," explains the duck. "I'm a plasterer."
The flabbergasted barman cannot believe the duck and wants to learn more, but takes the hint when the duck pulls out a newspaper from his bag and proceeds to read it.
So, the duck reads his paper, drinks his beer, eats his sandwich, bids the barman good day and leaves.
The same thing happens for two weeks.
Then one day the circus comes to town.
The ringmaster comes into the pub for a pint and the barman says to him, "You're with the circus, aren't you? Well, I know this duck that could be just brilliant in your circus. He talks, drinks beer, eats sandwiches, reads the newspaper and everything!"
"Sounds marvellous," says the ringmaster, handing over his business card. "Get him to give me a call."
So the next day when the duck comes into the pub the barman says, "Hey Mr Duck, I reckon I can line you up with a top job, paying really good money."
"I'm always looking for the next job," says the duck. "Where is it?"
"At the circus," says the barman.
"The circus?" repeats the duck.
"That's right," replies the barman.
"The circus?" the duck asks again. “With the big tent?"
"Yeah," the barman replies.
"With all the animals who live in cages, and performers who live in caravans?" says the duck.
"Of course," the barman replies.
"And the tent has canvas sides and a big canvas roof with a hole in the middle?" persists the duck.
"That's right!" says the barman.
The duck shakes his head in amazement, and says… "What would they want with a plasterer?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom