What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrison's (supermarket) decided a reasonable substitute for my dad's Fino Sherry was Harvey's Bristol Cream :roflmao:

I laughed when the poor girl told me and said my dad would rather go without. I tried to explain.

All other substitutes were ok (just different brands) but for dinner tonight they have egg fried rice, prawn crackers and chicken madras! (Mum likes a night off cooking once a fortnight, but the sweet and sour was replaced with the curry).

Wednesday I smiled because I was able to visit my hairdresser for a cut and color. I was not concerned because I know how meticulous she is. There are usually 6 stylist in the salon. She has limited the number to three. She met me at the door to take my temperature and make sure I had on a mask. All of the stylist wear mask and gloves. Stations are sanitized after each client.
Today I laughed out loud. Baby Sis is planning on remodeling her master bath and wanted input and ideas from her sisters. I had no problem with that. I know that my family has been extremely conscientious and cautious. So I visited for a couple of hours with two sisters, brother in law, two nieces and, best of all, my Mother. :woot:

It has been a few days shy of three months since I have seen my family. We were all close to tears.

We have the whole family as well here for dinner tomorrow. I'm doing a glazed ham. With salads and mashed? Spuds. (Mashed or dauphinois ) waiting to hear from kids. 4 grandkids I havnt seen for 10 weeks.

Russ

It has been a few days shy of three months since I have seen my family. We were all close to tears.
I last saw anyone from my family March 7th. 82nd birthday party for my dad, and 60th birthday party for my brother.

Here's the thing...it doesn't bother me, because that's not unusual at all. We can go months and months without seeing each other.

Carol Burnett's "Julia Wild" skit
Jan. 8th 1968
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL9ma-UP2dg
I remember watching this on TV the first time it aired. I used to go to bed at my mandated time, then sneak back up, sit in the dark, with the volume barely up.

You have to admit, the voice is almost perfect:

View: https://youtu.be/eSxv6IGBgFQ

Yeah, but where're you gonna hang the washing out now? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom