What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way our living room is arranged, I can't have an end table next to where I sit on the sofa, so I'm always balancing cups of tea, water, beer, wine, what-have-you on the middle cushion, along with the TV remote, my phone, and whatever else I need to keep handy. Needless to say, I've tipped over my fair share of bevvies over the year.

MrsTasty very thoughtfully ordered me this little item, so I can safely corral all my stuff:

So that made me smile quite a bit. :):):)

The way our living room is arranged, I can't have an end table next to where I sit on the sofa, so I'm always balancing cups of tea, water, beer, wine, what-have-you on the middle cushion, along with the TV remote, my phone, and whatever else I need to keep handy. Needless to say, I've tipped over my fair share of bevvies over the year.

MrsTasty very thoughtfully ordered me this little item, so I can safely corral all my stuff:

So that made me smile quite a bit. :):):)

I've seen those - here they are sold for people who want to eat dinner whilst sitting in armchairs or on sofas* - so the cushion goes on your knees rather than trying to balance a hard tray on your lap. But I can see it works quite well for your purposes.

*if I ever start wanting to do that I will worry.

I've seen those - here they are sold for people who want to eat dinner whilst sitting in armchairs or on sofas* - so the cushion goes on your knees rather than trying to balance a hard tray on your lap. But I can see it works quite well for your purposes.

*if I ever start wanting to do that I will worry.
I'd eat at the dining table more often, but there's no room for the TV in there. :laugh:

I've seen those - here they are sold for people who want to eat dinner whilst sitting in armchairs or on sofas*

I bought new ones for my parents this past Christmas for this very reason. Dad on armchair. Mum on sofa. Usually watching "Last of the summer wine". With a glass of wine. :D

I bought new ones for my parents this past Christmas for this very reason. Dad on armchair. Mum on sofa. Usually watching "Last of the summer wine". With a glass of wine. :D

This is why I'm worried - I'm not far of 70 and fear the sofa as a place to eat 'dinner on lap' as a sign of age and giving up. Mind you, the idea of wine is OK. Luckily (or unluckily, really ) I have a back issue which affects the strength in my legs and makes getting up from a sofa or armchair difficult and ungainly. And no - I refuse to get one of those special chairs which elevate you out. :)

Well, I do watch LOTSW, and I do enjoy an occasional bit of the grape...:whistling: :)

And no - I refuse to get one of those special chairs which elevate you out. :)
My FIL had one, though I never saw him use it, oddly enough.

Once he died, and my MIL moved in with one of her daughters, we went down to the house twice a year to do maintenance stuff. I used to love sitting in that chair, because it was incredibly comfortable, but better still, because MrsTasty would want to go somewhere, and she'd get her shoes on, go to the bathroom or whatever, then come bounding out of the back of the house and say, "C'mon, let's go!" - and I'd take great pleasure in saying, "I'll be right with you," then press the button, and the whirring noise would start, and oh about 10 minutes later, I'd finally be upright and ready to go. It was hilariously annoying to her. :laugh:

This is where I sit, in front of the tv. 42 inch Panasonic. Cup still there from earlier.

This is why I'm worried - I'm not far of 70 and fear the sofa as a place to eat 'dinner on lap' as a sign of age and giving up. Mind you, the idea of wine is OK. Luckily (or unluckily, really ) I have a back issue which affects the strength in my legs and makes getting up from a sofa or armchair difficult and ungainly. And no - I refuse to get one of those special chairs which elevate you out. :)

I prefer to sit at the table for meals, that way I can focus on what I am eating-mindful eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom