What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: You have individual bathrooms?
Our house has two bathrooms, yes, so it just evolved that one is hers and one is mine.

Our bathrooms are very unassuming, though, compared to virtually every other "average" house we've been in. Sometime in the last 30 years, it seems that housing trends changed to incorporate a "master bath," which is usually the size of a dining room, subdivided with the toilet in a little tiny inner room on its own, and a giant jacuzzi-style tub that you have to climb three steps to get into.

Ours are the standard vanity with mirror, toilet, and plastic tub/shower kit, vinyl flooring, no window. They're identical.

Our house has two bathrooms, yes, so it just evolved that one is hers and one is mine.

Our bathrooms are very unassuming, though, compared to virtually every other "average" house we've been in. Sometime in the last 30 years, it seems that housing trends changed to incorporate a "master bath," which is usually the size of a dining room, subdivided with the toilet in a little tiny inner room on its own, and a giant jacuzzi-style tub that you have to climb three steps to get into.

Ours are the standard vanity with mirror, toilet, and plastic tub/shower kit, vinyl flooring, no window. They're identical.

That's what we had when I was married. My master bedroom now was supposed to have that, but I had the builder delete the Jacuzzi tub and put in a huge shower. I call it the "party shower." The second bathroom has your basic tub/shower combo (but not plastic), and the third bathroom has just a toilet and sink -- it's near the living room for guests to use.

CD

Our two "bathrooms" are identical in size and floor/wall/ceiling coverings. Identical colours and fittings. The orientation is the only thing that is different.

063.jpg

TastyReuben one of my best friends was lucky to marry a man who does all the household work. Once I was visiting he was unloading the washing machine and they were joking her only chore was smelling the clean laundry since she likes to do that. Whenever I visit we stay at the dinner table chatting while he puts away the dishes or we're chilling in the pool while he makes caipirinhas and cooks lunch. I love her house :dance:

By the way I know someone who was paying her husband 5€ per hour to do all the household chores. She didn't want to do chores and he didn't want to hire a cleaner so that's how it worked for them :D

Your shower doesn't have a door?

No, it's around the corner. However, unlike many Thai "bathrooms" the shower is at the opposite end of the room from the door therefore if you enter for a reason other than for a shower, you don't get your feet wet. Also that means that I can have wooden bathroom doors whereas most Thai bathroom doors are plastic.

061.jpg

Listening to a local radio show interview with a person who works for a local wildlife charity. Her job title was ‘Hedgehog Officer’. Made me smile, so cool. Imagine chatting to someone at a party when the inevitable “What do you do?” comes up. The usual “accountant/lawyer/fund manager/ I work in insurance” comes the reply and you instinctively start sending out the “please come and rescue me” signals, but “Hedgehog Officer” and you think - this is someone I can talk to all night.

Listening to a local radio show interview with a person who works for a local wildlife charity. Her job title was ‘Hedgehog Officer’. Made me smile, so cool. Imagine chatting to someone at a party when the inevitable “What do you do?” comes up. The usual “accountant/lawyer/fund manager/ I work in insurance” comes the reply and you instinctively start sending out the “please come and rescue me” signals, but “Hedgehog Officer” and you think - this is someone I can talk to all night.
I used to work in recruiting and had access to thousands of job positions as they'd fly by during my workday.

One that stood out was "monkey wrangler," and another was as a model for Victoria's Secret, but not as a runway model. I think the term they used was "design model," but it just meant that you worked on the design floor, and you'd wear the outfits while they were being created and focus-tested for designers and marketers. The thing that was funny was that, besides specifying very precise body weights and measures, they also, in a nice way, said applicants needed to be comfortable with having their boobs and butts handled by other people, and they needed to be comfortable with being ogled and having their bodies commented on.

I used to work in recruiting and had access to thousands of job positions as they'd fly by during my workday.

One that stood out was "monkey wrangler," and another was as a model for Victoria's Secret, but not as a runway model. I think the term they used was "design model," but it just meant that you worked on the design floor, and you'd wear the outfits while they were being created and focus-tested for designers and marketers. The thing that was funny was that, besides specifying very precise body weights and measures, they also, in a nice way, said applicants needed to be comfortable with having their boobs and butts handled by other people, and they needed to be comfortable with being ogled and having their bodies commented on.
I am very impressed with your detailed knowledge on the handling of Victoria’s Secrets design models :)

We are work mates I work in recruitment :dance:

epicuric here in Portugal we're seeing a surge of "Happiness Managers". They are really just glorified HR Business Partners in my view. Some of them are annoying people who seem to be smiling all the time and urging people to smile and be happy and make the most out of this life.

I am very impressed with your detailed knowledge on the handling of Victoria’s Secrets design models :)
Some things, you just don't forget. :wink:

We are work mates I work in recruitment :dance:
Unfortunately, I no longer work in recruitment, I now work in the finance industry. I work in IT, so I've worked in a wide variety of settings in the past (insurance, telecommunications, military, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom