What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I love Maggie Smith. Did you ever see "What About Mum?" It's one of my go to favorites when I need some laugh therapy.
My favorite of hers is "Travels With My Aunt," and I also love "Murder By Death," which also proved she could be quite smoldering when she wanted to be.

My favorite of hers is "Travels With My Aunt," - - -
Mjd-lovescooking, Maggie Smith is a legend. She holds such innate wit. TR, the term "travel" reminds me of "Jack Whitehall: Travels With My Father" and "The Trip" with Rob Brydon and Steve Coogan. Both are hilarious - if you narrow down the ogling into one season (they keep repeating themselves).

Mjd-lovescooking, Maggie Smith is a legend. She holds such innate wit. TR, the term "travel" reminds me of "Jack Whitehall: Travels With My Father" and "The Trip" with Rob Brydon and Steve Coogan. Both are hilarious - if you narrow down the ogling into one season (they keep repeating themselves).

We've seen all of the Jack Whitehall series, and they just released new episodes here. MrsT likes it, but I don't. JW comes across as a giant man-baby, which I guess is the whole point of his act, but I just don't care for it at all.

Have you seen "The Lady in the Van"?
No, but now I think I will. Thanks! :)

- - - JW comes across as a giant man-baby, which I guess is the whole point of his act, but I just don't care for it at all. - - -
Yep, JW's a rather repulsive fellow who just overacts and holds deliberately feminine gestures. It's Mike W:s poker face and the doll I love :D. That relation is so sick that I'm quite amused even though the idea probably came from a thirty-headed set of Hollywood writers.

winston.JPG

My favorite of hers is "Travels With My Aunt," and I also love "Murder By Death," which also proved she could be quite smoldering when she wanted to be.

Never heard of "Travels with My Aunt" but I just put in a request for it at my local library. "Murder by Death" is also one of my favorites. I also like Peter Falk. Like Smith, he nailed every role he had.

That relation is so sick that I'm quite amused even though the idea probably came from a thirty-headed set of Hollywood writers.
That's the other thing - it's obvious (to me, at least, and you as well, I think) that this show is heavily, heavily scripted. The reactions and responses to various things seem so thoroughly rehearsed, it's hard for me to get any fun out of it.

I'd probably like it better if they just presented it as a proper scripted comedy, where they're playing exaggerated versions of themselves, instead of passing it off as a spontaneous reality show. It's obviously not.

Sorry, I missed your message. I have just recently learned of Whitehall and find him funny. I'm going to add "The Trip" to my watch list. Thanks!

The reasons and faults may be discussed for many years without coming to a true conclusion, at least not in my lifetime. I've worked with and for both BP and Halliburton and they are crooks. I should know because I was a crook also.

I can relate, I had a customer who used to say to me all the time, nothing wrong with a swindle, as long as I'm in on it.lol. I've been known to do the odd deal as well.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom