What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
709A3B05-1F29-461B-B16F-001ED2D50952.jpeg

We are both off work this week holiday due, next week my colleague is off all week so I have 2 weeks away from her sour face and constant blaming of others for her miserable life, this makes me smile :)

Your comments remind me of my d.i.l her workmate, another lady don't get on. She says every day in the lunchroom, the other lady has her lunch, and then says, if that's lunch, I've had it. We all laugh about it here and started saying it after dinner on a Sunday. She recently resigned, to my dil delight.
Workmates huh? I could prolly start a new thread on workmates. I could tell a few stories,lol.

Russ

rascal can you beat a coworker who disappears from work after borrowing money from several people and another coworkers cellphone?

I worked with two people who I loaned money to then they disappeared. One was my cousin. He's in Perth right now. This was over 40 years ago.
Another guy who was a pita, about 30 years ago used to eat other people's food from the staff kitchen. I left an Easter egg, chocolate novelty here with two halves sandwhiches together. I pulled it apart and deposited a goober in the middle. He took the bait. When I told him he started retching.
Never touched food again. Sadly I heard he committed suicide a year ago.

Russ

I worked with two people who I loaned money to then they disappeared. One was my cousin. He's in Perth right now. This was over 40 years ago.
Another guy who was a pita, about 30 years ago used to eat other people's food from the staff kitchen. I left an Easter egg, chocolate novelty here with two halves sandwhiches together. I pulled it apart and deposited a goober in the middle. He took the bait. When I told him he started retching.
Never touched food again. Sadly I heard he committed suicide a year ago.

Russ
At a company where one of my friends worked a guy was borrowing money to finance his gambling addiction. His mom was working abroad and he was caring for his little brother so he told people his mom couldnt send money and he had to pay rent or his brother needed a new cellphone and asked people not to tell others because his situation was so delicate. Until one day people started talking and he disappeared from work altogether. He borrowed a total of around 15k from different people in the company.

I've worked at two places with partner-sharers, another time, we had a messy love triangle going on between a man, a wife, and another man - it was the two men stepping out on the sly. We also had an elaborately cooked-up scheme where a male employee was "fired," and several months later, a new female employee was hired, and it turned out to be the same person. She was worried she wouldn't be accepted, so she and the owner and the HR person came up with the fantastic idea of "firing" Jim and "hiring" Jen several months later, like no one would figure that out. Also had an employee fired for running a nudie webcam show on the side.

All of that was at the same employer, too, a place I worked for a little over a year. The owner eventually got arrested (after I got let go) for cooking the books, changed his name, got a job as a project manager at another place...that just so happened to have hired a guy he fired a couple of years before, so the old crooked boss got outed pretty quickly.

Your comments remind me of my d.i.l her workmate, another lady don't get on. She says every day in the lunchroom, the other lady has her lunch, and then says, if that's lunch, I've had it. We all laugh about it here and started saying it after dinner on a Sunday. She recently resigned, to my dil delight.
Workmates huh? I could prolly start a new thread on workmates. I could tell a few stories,lol.

Russ

Don't get me wrong, we have known each other for years and have always got on really well but she is in a relationship with a guy she doesn't like and has 2 kids with him, he goes behind her back and spends money they don't have, their 1st born boy, is a spoilt little monster, their daughter is an insecure ignored comfort eater. She won't take any responsibility for their kids behaviour instead blames their dad...she isn't an angel...

Don't get me wrong, we have known each other for years and have always got on really well but she is in a relationship with a guy she doesn't like and has 2 kids with him, he goes behind her back and spends money they don't have, their 1st born boy, is a spoilt little monster, their daughter is an insecure ignored comfort eater. She won't take any responsibility for their kids behaviour instead blames their dad...she isn't an angel...

I think we raised two great kids but their kids are the ones I feel sorry for. Drugs will be the one challenges that lay ahead. I think they are doing ok so far. Grandkids 6 through 11. Times are a changing.!

Russ

I think we raised two great kids but their kids are the ones I feel sorry for. Drugs will be the one challenges that lay ahead. I think they are doing ok so far. Grandkids 6 through 11. Times are a changing.!

Russ

I "came of age" in the 70s. Pretty much everyone smoked weed -- some more than others. My friends and I were "occasional" smokers.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom