What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For 25 bloody years we have had electrical blackouts here in my town.
Earthquakes, wildfires, Santa Ana winds, drunk drivers wiping out power supply poles, failed electrical switchgear from the power company, radical politicians shutting down power plants and refusing to approve new ones built, not enough electricity on high demand days, many other reasons.
All this time I've wanted to install a standby electrical generator that will run the entire house.
Finally this morning I completed the project and started it up. Success.
Whisper quiet:
nLqUMpS.jpg

I posted this in another thread but wanted to share it here as well. I talked to the rep. from the health department and I have to quarantine for 14 days so I'm off restriction on Saturday. My caregiver's test came back negative so she has to quarantine longer so she will be back by the 20th. I remain symptom-free except for a little sinus congestion.

I am so grateful to have her and all of you during this time. Thank you all.

Last edited:
I posted this in another thread but wanted to share it here as well. I talked to the rep. from the health department and I have to quarantine for 14 days so I'm off restriction on Saturday. My caregiver's test came back negative so she has to quarantine for 19 days so she will be back by the 20th. I remain symptom-free except for a little sinus congestion.

I must have missed this one you wrote in the other thread.... anyway, it is such a relief to know that there is no worrying news about your health - as well as for your caregiver.

I'm so glad for you, dear :cheers:🌻

View attachment 50222 View attachment 50221
Our pet, your Yoda brother from Finland says HELLO! 💚

Your post reminded me that I made this with my son. He was a Star Wars fan when he was younger. It was harder than most of the origami he and I made together. This isn't my photo. All my albums, hard drives and such were taken in the divorce.

maxresdefault.jpg

A man in the suburban city just South of mine almost earned a Darwin Award.

A man in Plano was shot in the leg by his dog early this week, according to Plano Police.

The man had been lifting his dog up when its paw got stuck in the trigger of the pistol, which was tucked in the man's waistband. The gun then fired and sent a bullet into the man's thigh.

Officer David Tilley told The Dallas Morning News: "Fortunately, it was just a through and through shot – it didn't hit a main artery or anything. He took himself to the hospital and he's fine."

You can't fix stupid.

CD

I posted this in another thread but wanted to share it here as well. I talked to the rep. from the health department and I have to quarantine for 14 days so I'm off restriction on Saturday. My caregiver's test came back negative so she has to quarantine longer so she will be back by the 20th. I remain symptom-free except for a little sinus congestion.

Yay! I am so happy to hear that 🙏

A guy that used to work here many years ago was sacked-long story-he keeps trying to come back, he has bypassed the production manager and gone straight to HR, even though she was the one who sent him the official letter. No idea why he thinks he would be welcome back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom