What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

One of our adult kids got hit in their car last week. No injuries and our grandchild in the rear seat was unharmed.

This adult child suffers mental distress from years of fighting cancer. The drugs, the chemo, the surgeries, the treatments, the aftermath of botched surgeries, the sickness itself took its toll. A cross this child carries thru life.

Car totaled.
It was a good run with that car. Almost 200.000 trouble free miles. Bought new.

So this morning I headed to Las Vegas and our child flew down from Reno Nv and we went new car shopping.

In the USA price negotiation (haggling) on a new vehicle is a ritual. A miserable ritual.
We had picked a bottom line cheap o SUV off the car dealers website and they sent us a decent price offer about $5000 off MSRP + fees. 5 star crash rated.

So this morning we connected at the airport and headed to the car dealer. We were walking over to where the quoted car was parked on the dealers lot and walked by a nicer model that is “murdered out.”

Murdered Out means dark colors and all chrome is black chrome and the vehicle is loaded with every possible option. Bigger wheels, nicer interior and such
Nice everything car but $9000 more than the lesser model we came in for.

So 3 hours later we got $8000 knocked off the price, no sales tax no registration fees and another $500 knocked off because I was a veteran.
Inked - took delivery.

So right this moment I’m spending the night in a Vegas hotel, our adult child heading back up to Reno in a new vehicle that they paid for themself.
A lot more bang for the buck for sure.
I’m smiling.

Now, onto knee surgery

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom