What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get it now. But the slang word is aight, not ight. That's what threw me off.

That's what I thought it was, but the "Day" threw me off. I was thinking, "Day'ight? That doesn't make sense. A'ight would, so the D and the Y and the L need to fall off as well."

And for those who might be wondering, that's a franchise doughnut place here, called Daylight Doughnuts.
If it's any consolation, I still don't get it. ;-0

That's what I thought it was, but the "Day" threw me off. I was thinking, "Day'ight? That doesn't make sense. A'ight would, so the D and the Y and the L need to fall off as well."

And for those who might be wondering, that's a franchise doughnut place here, called Daylight Doughnuts.
Must have short opening hours in the winter?

If it's any consolation, I still don't get it. ;-0
"A'ight," back in the day (1990's was when I first heard it) used to be a hepcat way to say "All right," as in, "Did you like last night's episode of Seinfeld? I thought it was a'ight." - pronounced to rhyme with "light."

The sign above, with the L missing, can be interpreted by some as saying " 'ight Donuts," or, "All Right Donuts," meaning they're not great doughnuts, they're not terrific doughnuts, they're just all right doughnuts.

Don't feel bad, though...it's a stretch to get there. :)

"A'ight," back in the day (1990's was when I first heard it) used to be a hepcat way to say "All right," as in, "Did you like last night's episode of Seinfeld? I thought it was a'ight." - pronounced to rhyme with "light."

The sign above, with the L missing, can be interpreted by some as saying " 'ight Donuts," or, "All Right Donuts," meaning they're not great doughnuts, they're not terrific doughnuts, they're just all right doughnuts.

Thanks! I was so lost. ;-)

Maybe they are only "aight" during the day?

I once went around and around with a guy who had vanity car plates that I didn't get at first. He refused to explain them to me, but gave me clue after clue, and when I finally did figure it out, I kept pretending I didn't, just to watch him get more and more exasperated at my thick-headedness. :laugh:
Oh I bet that was fun, LOL. You already thought (I am guessing) that vanity plates are a waste of money, and the fact that no matter how many hints he dropped, you still seemed clueless, maybe that made him realize that yes, they probably were a big waste of money...and then you wasted his time :laugh:

• Lol or Haha
Reactions: mjd
Oh I bet that was fun, LOL. You already thought (I am guessing) that vanity plates are a waste of money, and the fact that no matter how many hints he dropped, you still seemed clueless, maybe that made him realize that yes, they probably were a big waste of money...and then you wasted his time :laugh:
The main thing was, he just thought he was so clever, so it was making him crazy over it.

Secondly, he was a huge Parrot Head, and his plate referenced a lyric, and I wanted him to understand that, yeah, not everyone thinks Jimmy Buffet is the greatest musician who ever lived. Those rabid fans can be insufferable sometimes. :laugh:

The main thing was, he just thought he was so clever, so it was making him crazy over it.

Secondly, he was a huge Parrot Head, and his plate referenced a lyric, and I wanted him to understand that, yeah, not everyone thinks Jimmy Buffet is the greatest musician who ever lived. Those rabid fans can be insufferable sometimes. :laugh:
Oh my you are so right on that! After living in Florida for so long I was soooo sick of Margaritaville, blech.

Last year hubby and I went to a resort in South Carolina and they had satellite radio by the pool tuned to Margaritville. I thought my ears were going to bleed. We were there for 2 weeks. We did the pool for 3 days and after that we gave up and went to the beach everyday instead.

I like your mischievous prank, lol.

Brother-in-law was a Parrot Head, went to the parties, sang his songs as part of his post military career as a musician, even ordered a dolphin decorated special order guitar.

He used to do a concert every year at Toyota Stadium (formerly Pizza Hut Park) in Frisco. The parking lot was a thing to behold. Like a big college frat party -- with old people. :laugh:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71AeXdrmQsU

CD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom