What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duxford is well known to aviation enthusiasts, here in the USA.
It's only 80 miles down the road from me and I haven't been since I was a kid. I remember that it was a horrible rainy day and we were about the only visitors there. They had Concorde 002 as a walk through exhibit and seeing as we were the only ones on board the guide/security bloke removed the rope barrier and took my brother and I into the cockpit and let us sit in the pilots seats. I nearly exploded.
Anyway the Dragon Rapide flight lasts 70 minutes and takes off at 11.45 so we will have loads of time to explore the whole museum. We booked it with these people https://www.classic-wings.co.uk/

Duxford is well known to aviation enthusiasts, here in the USA.

FIFI flies over the neighborhood from time to time. She's a local here, I've watched her take off and land several times at Addison Airport. It is quite a sight to see.

Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 1.53.20 PM.png

CD

While shopping in a food store, two nuns happened to pass by the beer cooler. One nun said to the other, "Wouldn't a nice cool beer or two taste wonderful on a hot summer evening?"

The second nun answered "Indeed it would Sister, but I wouldn't feel comfortable buying beer as I am certain that it would cause a scene at the checkout counter."

"I can handle that without a problem" she replied as she picked up a six pack and headed for the checkout.

The cashier had a surprised look on his face when the two nuns arrived with a six pack of beer.

"We use beer for washing our hair" the nun said, "A shampoo, of sorts, if you will."

Without blinking an eye, the cashier reached under the counter, pulled out a package of pretzel sticks and placed them in the bag with the beer. He then looked the nun straight in the eye, smiled and said "The curlers are on the house."

This evening, at our local pub we had perhaps the most professionally respected comedian in Britain, Mr Gary Delaney.

A gig, outside, in the cold, but his first time on stage in 14 months our joy was matched by his. For those who don't know him, he is responsible for mentoring and supporting many of the best British comedians working now, including his wife, the multi- millionaire Sarah Millican.

For those who like smut youtube "Gary Delaney" because I can't post it here and expect it to stay up.

In the very clean men's room at my old office park, I walked in, and one of the urinals was smashed on the floor. Pipes dangling from holes in the wall.

Computer printed sign, "Out of Order."
Below, someone hand wrote in marker, "Do ya' Think?"

I snapped picture, but can't find it.

CD
On the subject of office signs, we used to have a self-appointed "office mom" at one job - very bossy about everything and very opinionated about everything. No one liked her, and that's an understatement.

She was in the habit of printing directives out and taping them up all over everything: "Don't take other people's printouts!!!" and "Don't take chairs from the conference room!!!"

One day, I found a new sign over the sink in the break room: "Don't rinse food from your plate into the sink - it doesn't have a disposal!"

What did I see a couple of days later? Someone had taken the sign off the wall, put it on the counter, and scraped the food off their plate...onto the sign. :laugh:

On the subject of office signs, we used to have a self-appointed "office mom" at one job - very bossy about everything and very opinionated about everything. No one liked her, and that's an understatement.

She was in the habit of printing directives out and taping them up all over everything: "Don't take other people's printouts!!!" and "Don't take chairs from the conference room!!!"

One day, I found a new sign over the sink in the break room: "Don't rinse food from your plate into the sink - it doesn't have a disposal!"

What did I see a couple of days later? Someone had taken the sign off the wall, put it on the counter, and scraped the food off their plate...onto the sign. :laugh:
I think she moved to my town and runs our building. OMG! She has killed a whole forest of trees with her "announcements". They leave them under your door and post them in the common areas. No joke. I haven't done it, but I want to make a sign for her that reads "If you use all caps and bold for EVERYTHING nothing stands out!"

The latest one is hilarious. Our Governor legalized marijuana in Jan. 2020 but they didn't want it in the building. The pot heads still smoke it (I am glad to have a mask when I leave my apartment. It smells awful) so now Ms. Queen of the Universe has sent out a notice that ALL smoking, including cigarettes and vapes will not be allowed. I don't smoke and I have asthma so that would be a dream come true for me but I imagine the smokers are having a hissy fit.

Why can't we all work together to get the bossy people to their own island somewhere far, far away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom