What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Project56.jpg

I'm having a little chuckle this morning.

We'll be in Florida over my birthday (those two events are not related). MrsT suggested I do a little research and find a "nice" place for a celebratory supper that night.

Went out, found a chophouse that looked good, sent her back the link so she could make the reservations.

A couple of days later, I got an email telling me that place looked "fine" but included links to three other places that "might be better choices."

Ok, sure. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I reviewed those and sent back my choice based on those.

This morning, she's just told me that while my choice of those three is acceptable, one of the other two might just be better, so I chose another one from the list.

I think you know how this story ends. Yup, we're going to the one that I ranked in last place.

So glad I made the right "choice!" 😆

I'm having a little chuckle this morning.

We'll be in Florida over my birthday (those two events are not related). MrsT suggested I do a little research and find a "nice" place for a celebratory supper that night.

Went out, found a chophouse that looked good, sent her back the link so she could make the reservations.

A couple of days later, I got an email telling me that place looked "fine" but included links to three other places that "might be better choices."

Ok, sure. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I reviewed those and sent back my choice based on those.

This morning, she's just told me that while my choice of those three is acceptable, one of the other two might just be better, so I chose another one from the list.

I think you know how this story ends. Yup, we're going to the one that I ranked in last place.

So glad I made the right "choice!" 😆
Here's the memo in case you didn't get yours.

c4162849cada306fb26b1b9cbc17ada6.jpg

I had a super good friend who together, we'd go hunting and back country camping on those trips. It was always a shared load on setting up camp, cooking and so forth. A best friend like that rarely happens, especially for those who were not known to each other from childhood onward. And even more odd, a country boy and a city boy, both meshed so finely as friends. It was like we could read each other's minds on things.

My regret is that events eventually led to splitting up as we both moved to different parts of the country, thousands of miles distant. A friend like that will always be missed.

The talk about friends and camping in this thread awoke a pleasant reminder of excellent times past.

Last edited:
This time, it's NOT a Florida man. It's a Houston man... wanted for murder... with a Bengal tiger... in the suburbs...

Oh, they caught the man, but can't find the tiger.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZtMgyekL_Q

CD

Saw the tiger on the loose a couple of days ago, where a LEO of some kind was about to shoot it, but a man came running up begging him not to. Didn't say anything about a murder. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom