What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1621248942681.png

I was once diagnosed with ADD (before they corrected it to autism) and I took Ritalin (methylfenidate) for it. It did nothing to my appetite, so I guess I am a medical anomaly! I did get hyper from it, because I turned out not to have ADD..

This isn't my photo but I do this too. Remember the Turmeric challenge? I have FIVE of them.

View attachment 63422

I once had four jars of cumin!

I buy stuff I already have on a regular basis. Drives me nuts.

CD

The above is why I bought storage boxes and alphabetized them. Kept putting it off because I thought it was going to be a huge PITA, but it wasn't that bad, and now I don't have to hunt for what I want.

Guess I'm going to have to do that with vinegars as well, since I found 3 sherry vinegars, though 1 was gifted, the other day.

The above is why I bought storage boxes and alphabetized them. Kept putting it off because I thought it was going to be a huge PITA, but it wasn't that bad, and now I don't have to hunt for what I want.

Guess I'm going to have to do that with vinegars as well, since I found 3 sherry vinegars, though 1 was gifted, the other day.
Can you expound on how the boxes helped? I have my pantry organized by item type (ie. beans, spices, dressings, etc.) but I still screw up and buy something I already have.

You, @Tasty and me can all go to the nursing home together. I wanna have wheelchair races in the halls. ;-0

Can you expound on how the boxes helped? I have my pantry organized by item type (ie. beans, spices, dressings, etc.) but I still screw up and buy something I already have.

You, @Tasty and me can all go to the nursing home together. I wanna have wheelchair races in the halls. ;-0
View: https://youtu.be/ufJOx5ulJHw

I should have specified, was talking about spices and herbs, etc. Labeled the boxes A to Ca, Ce to whatever, etc. I just filled the boxes with the spices, except for 1, sat down on couch with them, and watched TV while I sorted thru them. As I filled a box, went to the next, then went back and distributed evenly, then labeled each box with the first or the first 2 letters in alphabetical order.

We have the pantry fairly organized now so haven't been buying dupes of late. I did the refrigerator too, got tired of having to hunt for condiments, pickles, olives, etc., but still have to fuss at Craig about not putting things back where he got them. We're finally down to 1 jar of mayo and 1 bottle of ketchup.

I should have specified, was talking about spices and herbs, etc. Labeled the boxes A to Ca, Ce to whatever, etc. I just filled the boxes with the spices, except for 1, sat down on couch with them, and watched TV while I sorted thru them. As I filled a box, went to the next, then went back and distributed evenly, then labeled each box with the first or the first 2 letters in alphabetical order.

We have the pantry fairly organized now so haven't been buying dupes of late. I did the refrigerator too, got tired of having to hunt for condiments, pickles, olives, etc., but still have to fuss at Craig about not putting things back where he got them. We're finally down to 1 jar of mayo and 1 bottle of ketchup.
Oh, I can picture it now. Thanks for explaining. I don't have a ton of extra spices in my bin so they aren't alphabetized. I do alphabetize my canned/tinned goods.

I have a pad in my pantry and write down an item when I'm taking out the last of that item. It's really helpful for making grocery lists and I never run out of things completely.

My caregiver makes a list of foods and condiments in my fridge for me because I will forget something is in there and not eat it. I've cut down on waste by having her do that for me.

Oh, I can picture it now. Thanks for explaining. I don't have a ton of extra spices in my bin so they aren't alphabetized. I do alphabetize my canned/tinned goods.

I have a pad in my pantry and write down an item when I'm taking out the last of that item. It's really helpful for making grocery lists and I never run out of things completely.

My caregiver makes a list of foods and condiments in my fridge for me because I will forget something is in there and not eat it. I've cut down on waste by having her do that for me.

We have 4 boxes, plus restaurant size bottles of those we use a lot on a shelf, plus the magnetic jars on the refrigerator, most of which hold small amounts of the shelved and boxed spices and herbs for ease of use. Finding something used to be the equivalent of a treasure hunt.

• Lol or Haha
Reactions: mjd
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom