What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just ran into this and it really made me laugh 😂 50 Weird Laws Around the World

On top of those, you must smile at all times in Milan except if visiting a hospital or attending a funeral, and in Madrid you can't ask someone the time at specific times of the day. I bet most of these laws are not being enforced anyway. I know for a fact the one about not peeing in the Atlantic ocean is not :laugh:

I have driven all over New Jersey, so I know that nobody is honking to pass. It is considered common courtesy on two lane roads to flash your lights before you cross the centerline to pass someone so they know what you are doing.

It is also illegal in many places here, including my city, to throw rice at a bride and groom leaving a wedding. Rice is bad for birds to eat. Throwing bird seed is encouraged, instead. That's what was thrown at my wedding.

CD

Just ran into this and it really made me laugh 😂 50 Weird Laws Around the World

On top of those, you must smile at all times in Milan except if visiting a hospital or attending a funeral, and in Madrid you can't ask someone the time at specific times of the day. I bet most of these laws are not being enforced anyway. I know for a fact the one about not peeing in the Atlantic ocean is not :laugh:

Is this a confession??

Russ

I have driven all over New Jersey, so I know that nobody is honking to pass. It is considered common courtesy on two lane roads to flash your lights before you cross the centerline to pass someone so they know what you are doing.

It is also illegal in many places here, including my city, to throw rice at a bride and groom leaving a wedding. Rice is bad for birds to eat. Throwing bird seed is encouraged, instead. That's what was thrown at my wedding.

CD
Here in Portugal it's still customary to throw rice at the bride and groom. To be honest I never thought about the birds, but it does make sense.

Here in Portugal it's still customary to throw rice at the bride and groom. To be honest I never thought about the birds, but it does make sense.

Same here.
Rice is a symbol of abundance and fertility, although already in ancient times cereals were used and later replaced by rice.
At my wedding was thrown rice accompanied by rose petals.
A friend of mine asked if it was ok to use boiled rice...:laugh:

Same here.
Rice is a symbol of abundance and fertility, although already in ancient times cereals were used and later replaced by rice.
At my wedding was thrown rice accompanied by rose petals.
A friend of mine asked if it was ok to use boiled rice...:laugh:
Yes, the tradition here is rice and rose petals too!
Funny about the boiled rice! Just add chicken and the wedding meal is served :roflmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom