What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have electrical cords but I don't know what a bench top jug is. I just boil water in tea kettle or saucepan.

Dad beat the living shit out of us day in and day out. Terrible temper. Nowadays, showing up at school with all those welts, cuts, and bruises, he'd be done for abuse, I honestly don't understand why he wasn't then.

Mom's weapon of choice was a switch. Sounds harmless enough now, but that would immediately cut the skin and bleed. All us kids, especially my sister, have little scars on the backs of our thighs, to this day.
That is so sad. I am so sorry that happened to you. I don't have any scars, thankfully, I did get walloped and there were times I couldn't sit down comfortably for a few days, but no long-lasting damage.

I have never seen anything like that in my entire life. I am sure that plenty of other people have but apparently I have lived a sheltered life!

Incidentally, it occurred to me that people getting beaten by their parents isn't really funny.

I only ever had to slap my daughter once in her entire life , on her backside,she was wearing a thick skirt so I dont think it hurt,but gave her a wake up call. My son once as well, grabbed by shirt and threatened. Both in their teens.
I did however have the quick grip under the arm and a tight squeeze, that's was a wake up call as well.

Russ

Dad beat the living shit out of us day in and day out. Terrible temper. Nowadays, showing up at school with all those welts, cuts, and bruises, he'd be done for abuse, I honestly don't understand why he wasn't then.

Mom's weapon of choice was a switch. Sounds harmless enough now, but that would immediately cut the skin and bleed. All us kids, especially my sister, have little scars on the backs of our thighs, to this day.

That is frankly shocking. I really don't know what to say...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom