What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

This quote is attributed to William Golding, author of Lord of the Flies. He actually said only the first two sentences in the introduction of the unabridged audio book. The rest has been tacked on by a creative wag. I thought it was funny.
1643387224799.png

A friend sent this to George. He sent it to another friend who showed it to his wife.
She replied:
...be ready to receive a ton of shit until the day you die.

My mum used a dog collar on us kids, 1 night I punched a hole I the wall, I hid the collar down there. Then a poster over it. My grandfather supplied the collar. Only 1 parent .

Russ
My dad was away in the Vietnam War for most of my early childhood. I don't think he ever hit me, not that I remember anyway. My mom could pack a powerful azz whupping! She used a belt, coat hanger, the back of a hairbrush, a wooden spoon, or whatever she could get her hands on. She hurt her hands more than once spanking bare-handed and learned her lesson.

My dad was away in the Vietnam War for most of my early childhood. I don't think he ever hit me, not that I remember anyway. My mom could pack a powerful azz whupping! She used a belt, coat hanger, the back of a hairbrush, a wooden spoon, or whatever she could get her hands on. She hurt her hands more than once spanking bare-handed and learned her lesson.
Lol.we can laugh about it now, I always felt sorry for my cousins, they got the jug cord around their legs. I still cringe around jug cords. Aunty doreen was vicious. Lol

Russ

Lol.we can laugh about it now, I always felt sorry for my cousins, they got the jug cord around their legs. I still cringe around jug cords. Aunty doreen was vicious. Lol

Russ
I have no idea what a jug cord is but it sounds terrible.

Oh, I learned pretty quick what I could get away with and what I could get my butt whipped for doing. I was the youngest of 6 and my older siblings got hit a lot more than I did.

Oh, I learned pretty quick what I could get away with and what I could get my butt whipped for doing. I was the youngest of 6 and my older siblings got hit a lot more than I did.
A jug cord is electrical cord on your bench top jug for boiling water for tea bags etc.

Russ

I always gave my mum a bit of lip if I knew I was near a door to make a quick exit..I was a school champ at athletics. Cant swim but I was quick.

Russ

Dad beat the living shit out of us day in and day out. Terrible temper. Nowadays, showing up at school with all those welts, cuts, and bruises, he'd be done for abuse, I honestly don't understand why he wasn't then.

Mom's weapon of choice was a switch. Sounds harmless enough now, but that would immediately cut the skin and bleed. All us kids, especially my sister, have little scars on the backs of our thighs, to this day.

Dad beat the living shit out of us day in and day out. Terrible temper. Nowadays, showing up at school with all those welts, cuts, and bruises, he'd be done for abuse, I honestly don't understand why he wasn't then.

Mom's weapon of choice was a switch. Sounds harmless enough now, but that would immediately cut the skin and bleed. All us kids, especially my sister, have little scars on the backs of our thighs, to this day.
My cousins had the same. Cord Mark's

Russ

A jug cord is electrical cord on your bench top jug for boiling water for tea bags etc.

Russ
I have electrical cords but I don't know what a bench top jug is. I just boil water in tea kettle or saucepan.

We just had a woman here who had to fly to chch from Auckland with her 9 yo daughter. Air hostesses noticed she was wearing makeup over bruises. Police got involved at airport. She was sentenced the other day to 2 years jail. Great result.

Russ

Rudd

We just had a woman here who had to fly to chch from Auckland with her 9 yo daughter. Air hostesses noticed she was wearing makeup over bruises. Police got involved at airport. She was sentenced the other day to 2 years jail. Great result.

Russ

Rudd
My mom never hit us in the face. How awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom