What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again I don't understand...
It's a Leicester joke. Richard's body was dug oit by a team from Leicester University ( including one of my friends) The burial ground within the precincts of the original Leicester cathedral has been built over and his burial plot ended up under a car park of some minor council office. Even more perverse it was under a reserved parking spot that had the letter "R" painted on it.

It's a Leicester joke. Richard's body was dug oit by a team from Leicester University ( including one of my friends) The burial ground within the precincts of the original Leicester cathedral has been built over and his burial plot ended up under a car park of some minor council office. Even more perverse it was under a reserved parking spot that had the letter "R" painted on it.
That even made the news here.

When I knew that! Think it was on one of the archeology programs we used to watch. Forgotten what it was called, on channel 4 iirc

I shall probably get banned for this one but I thought it was funny.

I did understand that one - it was the 25.25 one I didn't get.

Another one I don't understand. :ohmy:
Reference to Karate Kid movie, where he teaches the kid some karate hocus-pocus, by giving him the mysterious instruction, “Wax on…wax off…,” while moving his hands in a spiritual-like circular motion - that’s until he then points the kid to his car, then the true meaning of “wax on, wax off” and the hand motions are revealed: “You’re waxing my car, kid!”

So, how should he eat his Babybel cheese, wax on (the left one) or wax off (the right one)?

Reference to Karate Kid movie, where he teaches the kid some karate hocus-pocus, by giving him the mysterious instruction, “Wax on…wax off…,” while moving his hands in a spiritual-like circular motion - that’s until he then points the kid to his car, then the true meaning of “wax on, wax off” and the hand motions are revealed: “You’re waxing my car, kid!”

So, how should he eat his Babybel cheese, wax on (the left one) or wax off (the right one)?

Oh. Not seen that film.

This is a bit of Greek Tragi-Comedy, (or a potential Monty Python sketch) but absolutely true.
2 weeks ago, my brother, myself and my brother-in-law were planning my dad´s funeral. we´d decided to have a funeral Wake at a nearby pub, because my dad would have liked that.
BIL and I reckoned we´d go visit 6-7 local pubs to see what was on offer for the post-funeral party; cut the options down to 2-3, and then take my mum to see. Save her a bit of stress, we thought, and lots of running around.
She found out and insisted on going with us. We pleaded, remonstrated, warned about the potential tiredness - but to no avail. Stubborn as a mule.
So I added 2 MORE pubs, just to be bloody-minded and get her to realise she´s no spring chicken anymore. Off we went.
First pub: (50 yd walk) " No , we don´t do wakes."
Second pub: (50 yd walk) - closed.
Third Pub: NOOOOO!! WE´RE NOT GOING THERE!! IT WAS TERRIBLE!!"
Fourth Pub: (50 yd walk). Very attentive. Cup of tea. Menu (very expensive). Called brother (ex-chef) - "Don´t even think of that place, the food is all bought in and it´s crap"
Fifth Pub: (50 yd walk) "Oohh, this looks nice". I took a look at the place and though "no way - all food bought in, smells of cooking, no way"
Sixth Pub: (80 yd walk, visibly struggling) - OK, but food bought in, more expensive than the others, nothing special...
Seventh Pub: (50 yd walk). "Let´s have something to eat". Visibly exhausted, so sat down and wilted into the chair. As she was eating , my wife took out her cellphone to show her some pictures. Wrong move.
Utter hysteria. " Take that computer out of my face!! Computers damage your brain!! I´m trying to eat!!" :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Eighth Pub: ( The Cock Horse) " NO! I´m not going! I´m too tired!!" So I went in with my wife. 14th century, beamed pub, beautiful atmosphere, home made food, wonderful reception, and cheapest of all. Magnificent.
My wife went to look for my mum to bring her in, but no, I hadn´t "invited" her so she didn´t want to go.
Following day with my mum:
" So we´re going to the Cock Horse, are we? Sounds nice"
😂😂😂😂😂
And we did. And it was!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom