What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend went into Makro in Korat yesterday and found potatoes on special offer Bht 27.00/kg. He said "I'll have two boxes please". The assistant wheeled out two boxes and said "they are Bht 37.00/kg in the boxes". "OK, I'll take 20 kg loose in plastic bags then."

A friend went into Makro in Korat yesterday and found potatoes on special offer Bht 27.00/kg. He said "I'll have two boxes please". The assistant wheeled out two boxes and said "they are Bht 37.00/kg in the boxes". "OK, I'll take 20 kg loose in plastic bags then."
Yorkshireman?

IMG_1499.JPG

This road sign you would expect to find on exiting the arrivals car park at the airport. But there isn't one there. It's actually in the middle of the countryside 25km from the nearest port of entry. If you've got that far without realising that you need to be driving on the left then you have been having a very lucky day!

View attachment 7068
This road sign you would expect to find on exiting the arrivals car park at the airport. But there isn't one there. It's actually in the middle of the countryside 25km from the nearest port of entry. If you've got that far without realising that you need to be driving on the left then you have been having a very lucky day!

Perhaps that's the point where they think people might forget. I know of several people who drive quite regularly in Europe and have no problems at all with driving on the right, yet they have all gone on to the wrong side of the road once or twice without thinking and not always at the most obvious places or times.

Today, in a health food shop, a child was talking to his mother about wanting another health bar, with a different flavour - not tried.
His mother said "I see...so that's your back up!"

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an online friend who seems only to cook curries (in batch - to freeze) and not much else! He likes to hear of what I cook though and so I can sometimes influence him to try something different, if it's simple.

He recently got interested in me telling him I had smoked salmon scrambled eggs (also that I had chorizo scrambled eggs). Today it made me smile to read that he had tried the salmon version and found it to be terrific!
color.gif

Perhaps that's the point where they think people might forget. I know of several people who drive quite regularly in Europe and have no problems at all with driving on the right, yet they have all gone on to the wrong side of the road once or twice without thinking and not always at the most obvious places or times.
Blimey! Not sure I want to come driving down your way. Deciding which side if the road to drive on is a decision usually made pretty early on in the journey, thereafter not really up for debate.

I have an online friend who seems only to cook curries (in batch - to freeze) and not much else! He likes to hear of what I cook though and so I can sometimes influence him to try something different, if it's simple.

He recently got interested in me telling him I had smoked salmon scrambled eggs (also that I had chorizo scrambled eggs). Today it made me smile to read that he had tried the salmon version and found it to be terrific!
color.gif

We were introduced to scrambled egg, smoked salmon and chorizo for breakfast a couple of years ago at a delightful b&b in Aldeburgh, we have it everytime we go

:hungry:

We were introduced to scrambled egg, smoked salmon and chorizo for breakfast a couple of years ago at a delightful b&b in Aldeburgh, we have it everytime we go

:hungry:
Well I have either chorizo scrambled eggs or smoked salmon scrambled eggs....to have them altogether may be salt overload for me!

Well I have either chorizo scrambled eggs or smoked salmon scrambled eggs....to have them altogether may be salt overload for me!

That is the downside, just have to drink more tea :coffee:

That is the downside, just have to drink more tea :coffee:
Well, I have to watch my salt intake since I have high blood pressure....and this is getting a bit sober and not representative of this thread so....(next post)

- How do you keep an idiot in suspense?..........(I'll tell you later)

- Beethoven was so deaf, he thought he was a plumber

- Hard work never killed anyone....but why take a risk?

- I was an Atheist, until I realised I was God.

- Doctor tells a man "you've got hypochondria"; man says "not that as well!"

- Sceptics may or may not rule, O.K?

- If you talk to God you're praying - if he talks back you're schizophrenic

- When you wake up in the morning SMILE, and get it over with (W.C.Fields)

- I wouldn't say he's emotional, but he cries if a traffic light is against him

- How many sociologists does it take to change a lightbulb? None, it's the system that needs changing!

- How many psychiatrists does it take to change a lightbulb? One, but the bulb has got to WANT to change...

Famous last words
- "what does this button do?"
- "nice doggie...."
- "pull the pin and count to what?"
- "don't be so superstitious"
- "now watch this!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom