What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC_1371_1024.JPG

SSNO, to paraphrase Despicable Me, " They're so fluffy!"

I just came in from playing with my new toy, a Stihl MS251 chainsaw.

And I got to teach my boy how to use it. Of 20 blue spruces that I put in around my property last year, 1 died over the winter, so we took it down. There's something theraputic about slicing through a tree like a hot knife through butter. :thumbsup:

And I got to teach my boy how to use it. Of 20 blue spruces that I put in around my property last year, 1 died over the winter, so we took it down. There's something theraputic about slicing through a tree like a hot knife through butter. :thumbsup:
You can come visit me and play with your new toy. Bring the boy. I have plenty of "trees" that could use your chainsaw.

If you could get your new toy through customs, we havs trees you could have some fun with :wink:

:happy:We have our own wood pile to go through, but thanks for the invites.

When we moved in 2 years ago, the back yard was mostly wooded, so we had a tree service come in and take down about 30 trees, half of which were 20+ meters tall.

Here is what I kept, before it was moved to the back of the property behind the shed. Each log is about 2.5 to 3 meters long.

20160104_161916.jpg

Last edited:
And here was a young visitor hustling past the woodpile last year. He was sunning himself in my driveway, but as I went out to the car to get something, we managed to scare each other; me back into the garage, and he through the back yard.

0412161235a.jpg

He is probably only a year or two old, but big enough to warrant keeping a safe distance.

And here was a young visitor hustling past the woodpile last year. He was sunning himself in my driveway, but as I went out to the car to get something, we managed to scare each other; me back into the garage, and he through the back yard.

View attachment 7161

He is probably only a year or two old, but big enough to warrant keeping a safe distance.

How cool is that :thumbsup:

In M & S they had caviar crisps ( potato with dehydrated caviar)...how to get one up on the Joneses! Ha! Not tempted.

I imagined a snooty scenario at a party...."oh, I see these are cheese and onion crisps....how old hat! Rudolph and I would not serve anything but caviar crisps but then we have standards."
dontlaugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
GF is turning 50 next week..I had no idea what to do for her and she has been talking about getting a puppy for a year or so..I got her a Golden Doodle..a cross between a Golden Retriever and a Poodle..We get to take it home on June 3rd....I think she is happy..

18644424_10154479384662401_1775499420_n.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, BT! I am relieved because up until a couple of days ago I had no idea what I was going to get her...She mentioned a lady she knew who raised these pups on a farm that we passed every day to the deli...I told her to pull in yesterday and luckily she had one female left and ready to go..Bingo! I went from zero to hero in two minutes flat!!

GF is turning 50 next week..I had no idea what to do for her and she has been talking about getting a puppy for a year or so..I got her a Golden Doodle..a cross between a Golden Retriever and a Poodle..We get to take it home on June 3rd....I think she is happy..

18644424_10154479384662401_1775499420_n.jpg

Both are beautiful. I wish you luck with the pup. I hate to say it but they take up lots of time and space... a word of warning. Don't let it sleep in/on your bed. Enough said. :D

We've both had dogs before..kids at the same time...now, we're both empty nesters..so we'll have time..as far as not sleeping in the bed, good luck with that..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom