What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hell.jpg

Mg just mentioned arthritis, I don't wish it on anyone, but she reminded me of a joke I read recently.

A rough looking guy about 40 gets on a train, he's dressed rough with stubble on his face , gin bottle hanging out of one pocket. He sits down next to a priest, after a while the rough guy starts reading the paper, after 10 minutes he says to the priest what do you know about arthritis? The priest says after thinking, you get it after womanising and living a drunken rough life. Silence for 5 minutes then the priest says I'm sorry if I came across to heavy. The rough guy says no, it's alright, I was just reading the pope has arthritis.

Lol.

I had been having a really quiet and boring morning until the 'landline' phone rang. I use quotes because it's actually a VOIP phone line due to our remoteness. A point to note on the upcoming conversation. There's no phone line here and even if there was, we'd still be too far from the exchange to get broadband. We get our internet via a satellite connection, something he was clearly unaware of.

So I answer and just as I'm about to hang up I'm put through to someone. They claim to be ringing from Telstra saying that suspicious activity had been detected on my internet connection with different ip addresses being used... Now I'm not with Telstra and I'm an IT engineer by trade though I'm not currently working. I know it's a dodgy call but I'm curious... so not being able to get a word in edgewise I listen to how my neighbour's are connecting to my insecure internet connection, that they've detected numerous different ip addresses coming from my home and if I can provide him with the password on the underneath of my router they can secure it for me. Now he's not provided me with even one single identifiable bit of information such as my name, address or even the number he had supposedly just rung ... he's also completely unaware that I live on a 600 acres sheep farm. My only neighbours are the 800 head of merino sheep and the odd kangaroo/wallaby. I'm not close enough to any road for someone to be sitting in a vehicle etc.

After a few minutes of listening to this crap, I pretty much yelled at the guy to shut up and let me get a word in. Then I told him I was 100% certain my neighbours were not a problem given because i live on a 600 acre sheep farm and that to the best of my knowledge sheep didn't yet use the internet but if he could prove to me that they were, I'd listen...

nil response

I hung up laughing.

Searching for a manual for one of my speakers, today I found this:

"Getting the books jbl sub 10 manual now is not type of challenging means. You could not forlorn going in
the same way as books stock or library or borrowing from your associates to way in them. This is an no
question easy means to specifically get guide by on-line. This online proclamation jbl sub 10 manual can be
one of the options to accompany you as soon as having new time."

I'm meeting my oldest for a late lunch at a high end steakhouse for dinner and drinks today. She is treating me for a late fathers day meal. Honestly, I'm more excited to see her than anything. Its been a few weeks .

Searching for a manual for one of my speakers, today I found this:

"Getting the books jbl sub 10 manual now is not type of challenging means. You could not forlorn going in
the same way as books stock or library or borrowing from your associates to way in them. This is an no
question easy means to specifically get guide by on-line. This online proclamation jbl sub 10 manual can be
one of the options to accompany you as soon as having new time."

:laugh: I hope you followed the instructions 'to the letter'!

:laugh: I hope you followed the instructions 'to the letter'!

They wanted my Visa card details for a free trial (of what, I do not know).

I didn't bother.

I never give Visa details for something that is free.

Although I am awaiting US$ 100,000,000.00 from a guy in Nigeria.

This evening we were sat in a bar having a drink, a woman across the room picked up a glass Heinz ketchup bottle (other ketchups are available) and gently shook it then tipped it upside down, of course nothing came out so she sat there patting the bottom of the upside down bottle, she kept on patting the bottle until eventually she decided to stick her knife inside to scrape out the ketchup, that didn't work either so she gave up. A guy on the table next to us did exactly the same thing! Some people have no concept if gravity :facepalm:

This evening we were sat in a bar having a drink, a woman across the room picked up a glass Heinz ketchup bottle (other ketchups are available) and gently shook it then tipped it upside down, of course nothing came out so she sat there patting the bottom of the upside down bottle, she kept on patting the bottle until eventually she decided to stick her knife inside to scrape out the ketchup, that didn't work either so she gave up. A guy on the table next to us did exactly the same thing! Some people have no concept if gravity :facepalm:

Lol, I always shake the bottle to get contents to fall to the bottom, to spread. Simple. I do get where you are coming from. Aioli and tartare sauce here are in upside down bottles. So no probs there.

Russ

Lol, I always shake the bottle to get contents to fall to the bottom, to spread. Simple. I do get where you are coming from. Aioli and tartare sauce here are in upside down bottles. So no probs there.

Russ

I prefer tartare and aioli in jars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom