What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finding this two-book set (originally priced at $40US) for $7US at the local bargain store.

For those who don't know him Chris Kimball is a dedicated home-cooking juggernaut, hell-bent on helping home cooks discover the "best" way to cook for their families at home, in a home kitchen, using mostly common home-kitchen items.

He counts himself as a publisher and presenter more than he is a cook (though he tries to hide that he is actually a very good cook), and from his iconic American magazine "Cook's Illustrated," he went on to start two of the best true cooking shows available, "America's Test Kitchen," and "Cook's Country." No Food Network flash and gimmickry, just good recipes fully deconstructed and demonstrated for the home cook, with a little science thrown in.

They also do ingredient and cookware reviews, and he accepts no advertisers so he's not beholden to anyone.

He's since left all that and started a new (similar) endeavor, called (I think) "Milk Street."

These were $7 because they're from 1996 and 2000, so the reviews of equipment are outdated, but the techniques, methods, and recipes are spot-on.

At that price, I bought a second set for my home cooking best friend.
3800150C-16D0-4AD4-A313-5392D544CF8B.jpeg

Finding this two-book set (originally priced at $40US) for $7US at the local bargain store.

For those who don't know him Chris Kimball is a dedicated home-cooking juggernaut, hell-bent on helping home cooks discover the "best" way to cook for their families at home, in a home kitchen, using mostly common home-kitchen items.

He counts himself as a publisher and presenter more than he is a cook (though he tries to hide that he is actually a very good cook), and from his iconic American magazine "Cook's Illustrated," he went on to start two of the best true cooking shows available, "America's Test Kitchen," and "Cook's Country." No Food Network flash and gimmickry, just good recipes fully deconstructed and demonstrated for the home cook, with a little science thrown in.

They also do ingredient and cookware reviews, and he accepts no advertisers so he's not beholden to anyone.

He's since left all that and started a new (similar) endeavor, called (I think) "Milk Street."

These were $7 because they're from 1996 and 2000, so the reviews of equipment are outdated, but the techniques, methods, and recipes are spot-on.

At that price, I bought a second set for my home cooking best friend.
View attachment 29902

Definitely a bargain.

In fact (on the strength of your recommendation) I've found the same set on Amazon (second hand) and ordered. We can compare notes...

Last edited:
I recently found out that I'm going to be a GLAM MA a.k.a Glamorous Grandma. Seeing this made me smile and laugh at the same time it made my day maybe it will make yours as well. My first grandbaby I can't wait to see him and spoil him rotten. I love babies! OMG, when the little one in the orange shirt said: "I'm not doing that in my ever in my life ever again anymore." I almost fell out of my chair." LOL,:dance: That's me all day.

Last edited:
This afternoon I gave my guinea pigs cage a thorough clean. I picked up 1 of my boys and sat him on my lap talked quietly to him, using his name and stroking him, then did the same with my other boy-they were ok with it.

This afternoon I gave my guinea pigs cage a thorough clean. I picked up 1 of my boys and sat him on my lap talked quietly to him, using his name and stroking him, then did the same with my other boy-they were ok with it.

Do they have personalities? Ours never lasted long enough,lol.

Russ

Do they have personalities? Ours never lasted long enough,lol.

Russ

Rolo is the more confident of the 2 and the most chatty, when I feed them he is the first to the bowl even when I am still in the room, Archie waits for me to leave but as they are still quite young it will take a bit of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom