What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanksgiving with family.
My 40 year old nephew died in a car crash Sept. 29th.
Thanksgiving was the first holiday/large family gathering without him.
Michael loved our family and always made a point of showing up even if it was something simple like burgers and hot dogs.
This Thanksgiving we honored his memory. His Dad lives in Colorado. An Uncle lives in Florida. Michael would have been in his glory. His Grandmother, Dad, all of his Aunts and Uncles, their spouses, all of his cousins and their spouses and their children and of course his children were their. We included Michael in our blessing. We toasted Michael. We laughed and we cried and we told Michael stories.
Bitter sweet.

Michael loved our family and always made a point of showing up even if it was something simple like burgers and hot dogs.
This Thanksgiving we honored his memory. His Dad lives in Colorado. An Uncle lives in Florida. Michael would have been in his glory. His Grandmother, Dad, all of his Aunts and Uncles, their spouses, all of his cousins and their spouses and their children and of course his children were their. We included Michael in our blessing. We toasted Michael. We laughed and we cried and we told Michael stories.
Bitter sweet.
Thanks for sharing that. That's really special. We did something similar when MrsTasty's dad died. He died rather unexpectedly, and we all decided that the following year, no matter what, the entire family would be together on Christmas Day. He loved Christmas, so it was a way to honor him, and it was no easy feat to make it happen, but it happened.

A good part of why I adore Christmas so much is because of my FIL. He relished this time of year <wipes tears>.

I hope you and your family are all finding peace and celebrating your love.

Bitter sweet.

A lovely way to remember someone ElizabethB.

Yesterday morning mr 7 was asked what he wanted for breakfast, he said a bungle please, daughter looked at him and said what? He said a bungle, daughter looked puzzled , he said the round thing with a hole in it, light bulb moment, a bagel !! I asked him this morning if he wanted a bungle,lol. We all laughed .

Russ

Bitter sweet.

:hug:

Yesterday morning mr 7 was asked what he wanted for breakfast, he said a bungle please, daughter looked at him and said what? He said a bungle, daughter looked puzzled , he said the round thing with a hole in it, light bulb moment, a bagel !! I asked him this morning if he wanted a bungle,lol. We all laughed .

Russ

You just have to call them bungles from now on! Have you ever made them? Its quite easy and fun. I've got a recipe here: Bagels

Last edited:
Never had them, mr 7s fave now. I prolly won't make them, unless I get to like them. And yes, the name has stuck.lol

Russ
I ate my first bagel when I was 22, at my in-laws's house. That same year was also the first time I ate salami and the first time I ever had scotch. That was a big year. :)

Had some mechanical problems with a truck we own and had it towed to a GM Dealer service dept way out in the Arizona Desert.
Warranty paid for the mechanical breakdown work but I had addition non covered work done that I had to pay for.

The quote was $970 US Dollars, but the bill came to under $200. Smiles.
They had 3 girls as service writers and they were so inebriated from a "good lunch" they could barely talk.
It led to further smiles when I picked the truck up.
Oh brother were they smashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom