What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coronavirus ALERT.

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent virus threat and have therefore raised their threat level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, level may be raised yet again to “Irritated” or even “A Bit Cross.” The English have not been “A Bit Cross” since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out. The virus has been re-categorized from “Tiresome” to “A Bloody Nuisance.” The last time the British issued a “Bloody Nuisance” warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from “Pissed Off” to “Let's Get the Bastard.” They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its alert level from “Run” to “Hide.” The only two higher levels in France are “Collaborate” and “Surrender.” The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from “Shout Loudly and Excitedly” to “Elaborate Military Posturing.” Two more levels remain: “Ineffective Combat Operations” and “Change Sides.”

The Germans have increased their alert state from “Disdainful Arrogance” to “Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs.” They also have two higher levels: “Invade a Neighbour” and “Lose.”

The Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its alert level from “No worries” to “She'll be alright, Mate.” Two more escalation levels remain: “Crikey! I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!” and “The barbie is cancelled.” So far, no situation has ever warranted use of the final escalation level.

The Russians have said “It's not us”

Coronavirus ALERT.

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent virus threat and have therefore raised their threat level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, level may be raised yet again to “Irritated” or even “A Bit Cross.” The English have not been “A Bit Cross” since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out. The virus has been re-categorized from “Tiresome” to “A Bloody Nuisance.” The last time the British issued a “Bloody Nuisance” warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from “Pissed Off” to “Let's Get the Bastard.” They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its alert level from “Run” to “Hide.” The only two higher levels in France are “Collaborate” and “Surrender.” The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from “Shout Loudly and Excitedly” to “Elaborate Military Posturing.” Two more levels remain: “Ineffective Combat Operations” and “Change Sides.”

The Germans have increased their alert state from “Disdainful Arrogance” to “Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs.” They also have two higher levels: “Invade a Neighbour” and “Lose.”

The Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its alert level from “No worries” to “She'll be alright, Mate.” Two more escalation levels remain: “Crikey! I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!” and “The barbie is cancelled.” So far, no situation has ever warranted use of the final escalation level.

I see that racial stereotyping is alive and well despite the virus. :D

Coronavirus ALERT.

Love this hilarious However, I would just like to say that Italia has decided none of the above will work so we will do what we do best, cook eat drink and make love!!!

Sarana x

On a lighter note; although not recently it was a number of years ago when I was a young woman.
I was in a ristorante in the harbour in Napoli with friends. A rather pompous and red faced man came in to eat with his wife (I will not insult with his nationality). He was so arrogant and literally would not let his wife say a word as he looked at the menu, she was as I remember very attractive and very well dressed.
He decided almost immediately what he wanted and stated his order, we almost fell about laughing, I was biting my tongue! He ordered the following his words. "I would like Pesca with tomatoes and fusilli". The poor waiter looked at him. His wife tried to pint something out, however because so arrogant he ignored her he said "I know what I am doing thank you".
Now for those members who do not speak Italian, you have the following words Pesca and Pesce the latter is fish the first is Peaches, so he ended up with fusilli, tomato and PEACHES. The whole place was in uproar. His suffering wife almost wet herself with laughter, he threw his napkin to the floor, stood up blustering and promising to call the police!! He stormed out of the door, the whole place descended into hysterical laughter. I felt for his wife. When I told mama she almost fell of her chair!!!!

Sarana x

Love this hilarious However, I would just like to say that Italia has decided none of the above will work so we will do what we do best, cook eat drink and make love!!!

Sarana x

The kiwi on tv last night trapped in Pisa, said that because people are staying in a lot now, lots of families arguing all the time, just her observation.!

Russ

Speaking of stereotypes, there was a terrorist attack in London about a month ago, where the culprit ran down a High Street stabbing random members of the public
He was shot dead by the police, but they discovered that he was wearing a suicide bomb vest. (Which turned out to be fake, but they didn't know that at the time).
So they went to nearby shops and other premises to evacuate people
When they got to a cafe the customers refused to leave because "we haven't finished our cups of tea yet"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom